There is something wrong with my guitar.
I have a ibanez art 120 and the problem is that when i plug in to my amp it sounds pretty low and when i turn to distortion the only think it does is put the guitar louder it doesn't sound distortion.

I already tried with another guitar to see if the problem was from the amp but it sounded fine so it has to be the guitar.

Can please someone tell me what is going on??
are your volume knobs turned up?
is the cable plugged in all the way?
try another cable?
Quote by AntonioSP
as i said i arlready tried with another guitar and it sounds good

does the sound stay the same at all 3 positions on the pickup selector switch? (i.e. if you switch to the neck pickup, does it get louder, quieter, stay the same?)
Then you might have wiring going bad. Its going to be a bitch with the semi-hollow.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by eyebanez333
does the sound stay the same at all 3 positions on the pickup selector switch? (i.e. if you switch to the neck pickup, does it get louder, quieter, stay the same?)

it stays the same...

Quote by OctoberWind
Then you might have wiring going bad. Its going to be a bitch with the semi-hollow.

what?
Last edited by AntonioSP at Jan 6, 2010,
If you want more people to help you, you're going to need to be more specific with your thread titles.

stratkat
With a semi hollow guitar the electronics are done before the top is put on, i would presume. So I have no idea how you could check the wiring. Its all hidden inside the body itself. Unless its a rear routed hb. That would be genius.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew