well, i went to go see avatar on imax 3D and due to the length of the movie wasnt out til about 10 and i had to go to work this morning, so i was trying to drive the hour drive home and i started talking to my friend who went with me and didnt pay attention to my speed so i got pulled by an actually very friendly woman state trooper. she ended up writing me a ticket for going 83 in a 70 mph zone. now ive only ever been pulled once and then it was a verbal warning, so im very nervous about it. im 18 and a half and have had my license for a little over 2 years with no prior infractions at all. now the cop mentioned something about going to the court date (february 24) and asking for it to be reduced where it wouldnt be on my record so my insurance wont go up, but im wondering if asking that pretty much means me admitting guilt or should i plead not guilty and hope the cop doesnt show? also, the ticket doesnt say how much i have to pay. how much should the ticket be for a first ever infraction for a ticket going less than 15 over in north carolina?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

"I got stopped by a lady cop in my automobile..."
Well, you get the picture. Now go do it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Basically, Judge Dredd is going to shoot you. Wear clean underpants for the coroner.
why did i know mentioning it was a lady cop was a bad idea.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

Do you get points on your license like you do here. My friend recently lost his license for getting caught talking on the phone and then speeding.

I have yet to be caught.
... The cop will show up with the log from the speed gun showing you the speed you where doing, the time, date and other stuff
All it is is like a $20 dollar fine
Happend to me last year except I was goin only 10 over (Wtf!)
Not really a big deal
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
yeah, i know but are there ways to fight it? i do have a lawyer uncle, im just debating telling him or not. why isnt the price for the ticket on the ticket?
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

I'm in NC too, I'm 17 and got my first speeding ticket fairly recently as well. I'm hiring a lawyer; as far as I can tell (my court date is later this month, I believe) it should get removed from my record. As long as I don't get another one soon I should be fine.

I was going ~40 in a 25, but the cop marked me as 34, so just 9 over.
Quote by The Jake
All it is is like a $20 dollar fine
Happend to me last year except I was goin only 10 over (Wtf!)
Not really a big deal

Is that it? I payed like 3 times that for parking in the wrong place for 5 minutes. Surely your laws can't be that slack on speeding.
Quote by Karvid
"I got stopped by a lady cop in my automobile..."
Well, you get the picture. Now go do it.

Just went I thought I got over John leaving the band, you have to go and pull this shit out...
go to traffic court. If you have had no prior tickets in the last two years, they'll just excuse it. That's how it works here anyway. Still, go to traffic court. It's kind of a party. *sarcasm*
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
plead not guilty.

mail in the ticket. they'll send you another date for you to appear.

on that date, you talk to her first, she'll lower the fine and points.
maybe as low as a non moving. maybe similar.

she's nice and telling you to plead to a deal. take that opportunity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's a speeding ticket. You were speeding. You are guilty. Don't lie. And pleading guilty will most likely get your fine reduced. Pleading not guilty will probably not reduce your fine at all and it'll make you look like an idiot for trying to lie. Go in, plead guilty, pay the fine (make sure you bring the cash with you!!!) and get out. Pleading guilty might be one of the worst things you could do.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by Dosed.
go to traffic court. If you have had no prior tickets in the last two years, they'll just excuse it. That's how it works here anyway. Still, go to traffic court. It's kind of a party. *sarcasm*

traffic court? is there a seperate court for traffic violations? also, another thing is can i get the hearing to be moved closer to me? right now ill have to drive an hour just to get there. and ive been driving 2 years with no prior infractions at all. also, to the guy from nc, how much was the ticket for?
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

Quote by marvelboy_04
traffic court? is there a seperate court for traffic violations? also, another thing is can i get the hearing to be moved closer to me? right now ill have to drive an hour just to get there. and ive been driving 2 years with no prior infractions at all. also, to the guy from nc, how much was the ticket for?

the court is going to be in the jurisdiction where you received the ticket.

to get the deal, you'll have to show at the court written on the return letter, at the time stated, after you send in a not guilty plea.

fine is a state surcharge of around $100, plus local charge which increases per mile over the speed limit.

which is why you need to ask for a deal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Cyanide176
... The cop will show up with the log from the speed gun showing you the speed you where doing, the time, date and other stuff

This.

Plus if you did it, man up and pay like the rest of us.

Whiny lil sod.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by marvelboy_04
why did i know mentioning it was a lady cop was a bad idea.
Seems like a pretty good idea to me...

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
nice one. im not saying im expecting on getting completely off the hook, im just trying to find out the best way for me to not get my insurance increased and for me to pay as little out of pocket as possible since it is my first infraction ever in over 2 years of having my license not including permit time and it was less than 15 over. i talked to one guy i know who said i could do something where i plea prayer on judgment and theyll likely not charge me anything on this ticket unless i get another infraction within the next 2 years.
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

The best way to deal with this? Man up, accept the deal you're being offered. Pleading not guilty will just make you look like a liar (because you will be one). In my experience, authority figures in general are a lot more lenient when you own up to your mistakes. Pleading guilty, asking for a reduced fine, and paying said fine, will be a lot better for you than pleading not guilty, getting proven guilty, and paying a higher fine. Because they WILL be able to prove you guilty. Hell, maybe it won't even affect your insurance or put points on your license. They won't be so nice if you try to dodge the bullet.
They say that in the army, the food is mighty fine.
The chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine.

Oh lord, I want to go home.
But they won't let me go-o
Ho-oho-ohohahohohome. Hey!
Yep, she is doing you a favor. Dispute the ticket, she won't show, the ticket gets thrown out. Thats why she told you to do it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by militantRocker
The best way to deal with this? Man up, accept the deal you're being offered. Pleading not guilty will just make you look like a liar (because you will be one). In my experience, authority figures in general are a lot more lenient when you own up to your mistakes. Pleading guilty, asking for a reduced fine, and paying said fine, will be a lot better for you than pleading not guilty, getting proven guilty, and paying a higher fine. Because they WILL be able to prove you guilty. Hell, maybe it won't even affect your insurance or put points on your license. They won't be so nice if you try to dodge the bullet.

This, this, this. There is almost no way to successfully fight a traffic ticket. I remember hearing about this guy (who was a radar technician) that spent three years in court, proving that, because of the angle of the hill he was going down and the cop's relative position, the sine waves would compress and the radar reading was unreliable...but, if you aren't a radar technician willing to spend about $80,000 in court costs to avoid a $200 speeding ticket, you just have to bite the bullet and pay it.

Also, show up to the court date. If you don't, they will fine you the full amount allowed by law; if you do, and plead guilty, the judge will probably reduce the fine, and even if he doesn't you'll be no worse off than before.
Quote by MightyAl
Back in my day, the teacher had to come to my tribe's village and inspect my cave-paintings in person.
For some reason, he thought the bison I painted was his mother, and gave me an F.

It wasn't my fault they look so similar.
omg, ok listen. this is what i do trust me.

Do Not Plead Guilty.

if you mail the ticket in with a guilty plea, the court clerk will send you a huge fine and add about 3 points on your record.
the cop won't have anything to do with it. the judge won't ever see it.

if you turn the ticket over and plead NOT Guilty, and mail it back to the address on the ticket, they will send you a return letter of When to appear, and where to appear.

you drive the hour and go there on that date, and Talk to the cop.

she will give you a deal.

she was being nice and doesn't want you to pay full fine.

if you want to accept responsibility, then sign up for a driver improvement course and tell her thank you on that day, and try to get it knocked down to a non moving.

do not plead guilty.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by marvelboy_04
yeah, i know but are there ways to fight it? i do have a lawyer uncle, im just debating telling him or not.

Well, seeing as how you've already admitted guilt, why would you want to fight it?
Wouldn't that be a bit risky, fighting something that can be simply proven?