Page 1 of 2
So i need to think of a science fair topic and i want to do something with guitars. the rules are that you have to be able to measure it. Any ideas????? Thanks for your help.
Make a bad-ass volcano.

Guitar related?
Uhhh...
Power of Nylon?
Get A DiMarzio Guitar Strap.
Hang something on it.

Ta-daa!
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
diy pickups? it will probably come out like crap, but you can show the difference in resistance and the effect on tone?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Scale lengths.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Sustain

End the debate for once and for all.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Hereiwas
Scale lengths.

this.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Do a test to determine once for all whether or not the upper horn of a Warwick bass can be classified as a make-shift phallus.

Case in point:

A better question would be why it hasn't already officially been classified as such.

do something that involves ohms or watts or something electrical
and test it out with your guitar
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Quote by leftyace
A better question would be why it hasn't already officially been classified as such.

True story, I was at my friend's house one time, and he hadn't gotten home yet, so I was walking into where he keeps his bass and amps and stuff (he doesn't care if I tinker around, he trusts me). I open the door to the room and I see his sixteen year old sister, laying on her back with the upper horn of a Warwick bass inside her. not far away is a screwdriver, a removed strap button, and his strap...she turns eighteen in two months
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']True story, I was at my friend's house one time, and he hadn't gotten home yet, so I was walking into where he keeps his bass and amps and stuff (he doesn't care if I tinker around, he trusts me). I open the door to the room and I see his sixteen year old sister, laying on her back with the upper horn of a Warwick bass inside her. not far away is a screwdriver, a removed strap button, and his strap...she turns eighteen in two months
Amazing. I can't decide whether it would be better to let your friend know his bass was being raped (maybe damaged?) or just say what he doesn't know can't hurt him.

TS, do a study on whether womanly secretions can damage the finish/wood of a guitar/bass. Post your conclusions ASAP, because this is obviously very serious and very real business.

Quote by leftyace
Amazing. I can't decide whether it would be better to let your friend know his bass was being raped (maybe damaged?) or just say what he doesn't know can't hurt him.

TS, do a study on whether womanly secretions can damage the finish/wood of a guitar/bass. Post your conclusions ASAP, because this is obviously very serious and very real business.

Oh, he doesn't know. He has wondered two things since that day:

1) Why I have a such a boner for his sister.

2) Why his bass smelled like fish. I just told him that I had a tuna sandwich and started playing his bass.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Oh, he doesn't know. He has wondered two things since that day:

2) Why his bass smelled like fish. I just told him that I had a tuna sandwich and started playing his bass.
In the unfortunate case that he happens to be a UG frequenter, I think he's vomiting on his keyboard right now...

Well at least now you know what instrument you should play if you ever want to turn her on. To keep it on topic (slightly), TS, examine the differences in how much a woman wants to be with you when playing different instruments.

Quote by leftyace
In the unfortunate case that he happens to be a UG frequenter, I think he's vomiting on his keyboard right now...

Well at least now you know what instrument you should play if you ever want to turn her on. To keep it on topic (slightly), TS, examine the differences in how much a woman wants to be with you when playing different instruments.

He's not. I've tried to get him to make a profile here and join the forums, but he doesn't want to
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Oh, he doesn't know. He has wondered two things since that day:

as much as I wish this was a true story, I highly doubt it. pics or GTFO!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']He's not. I've tried to get him to make a profile here and join the forums, but he doesn't want to
Haha, lucky for you then I suppose.

Quote by randomhero93
as much as I wish this was a true story, I highly doubt it. pics or GTFO!

What, of his sister? I could put her facebook profile down, but I don't have pics of her riding the War-dick. Not enough time.
I did something once regarding the guitar strings and their wavelengths. I don't really remember what exactly it was but maybe it'll start you out..
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']What, of his sister? I could put her facebook profile down, but I don't have pics of her riding the War-dick. Not enough time.
damn. that would've been funny. is she hot? lol
Quote by pedromiles101
This thread took an awkward left turn
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Quote by Frames4ever

agreed.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Frames4ever

The TS already has the suggestion that matters, which obviously is Sustain. Whoever suggested that must have been genious.

All he has to do is get a couple guitars together and pluck the strings. Easiest project ever.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']http://www.facebook.com/#/KaytlynnJudith?v=wall&ref=ts

Reminds me of Jami Gertz, which is another reason why I'm so into her
damn, i thought it'd just bring me to her page. I don't have a facebook so I cant see it. damn
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
damn, i thought it'd just bring me to her page. I don't have a facebook so I cant see it. damn

Oh come on. I'm a technological dinosaur, but I still have Facebook.

By dinosaur, I mean I don't have text or any phone messaging, and I don't have a fancy little friggin' phone/computer/dildo combo like everyone else. I use the same beat-up Razr I've had since high school. Before that, I was still using a Nokia brick that they stopped making in 2003
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jan 6, 2010,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Oh come on. I'm a technological dinosaur, but I still have Facebook.

By dinosaur, I mean I don't have text or any phone messaging, and I don't have a fancy little friggin' phone/computer/dildo combo like everyone else. I use the same beat-up Razr I've had since high school. Before that, I was still using a Nokia brick that they stopped making in 2003
ha, you sound like my uncle Eddy that actually lives in Florida. same Nokia phone and everything!
Quote by pedromiles101
Vic, you're seriously my favorite person ever. EVER! like, ever ever. I love you.

both of them are HOT!!!!
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
Vic, you're seriously my favorite person ever. EVER! like, ever ever. I love you.

both of them are HOT!!!!

Love you too, bro

Yeah I know. When she showed this picture before she put it on Facebook, I nearly came.

EDIT: referring to the one of her in the gym shorts and sports bra. I love a girl with a toned stomach. Makes me more willing to "eat the steamed clam," so to speak.
Dude.

Nice.

I think I'm probably gonna get banned for this. If that be the case, I love you all. It never shows, but I really do

*salutes Mamosa*
Don't worry. I've already connected this to the TS's question on the first page. It's totally relevant.

Quote by David Collins
There was someone honestly interested in advice for a science project, in which they could perhaps actually learn something about both guitars and science. And there were actually a few well intended people who wanted to help, and indeed some very capable of offering experienced insight in to scientific guitar-related research.

Then it becomes this.

It's becoming quite clear to me why so few professionals frequent this site. Lesson learned.

Then I guess you don't consider yourself a professional. Besides, you can always leave if you don't like what's going on here. I'm sure we'll be better off without you.

i laugh at you kidz and your silly interwebz insults. I fart in your general direction, ya english kay-niggets!!!

EDIT: pictures gone.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

EDIT: pictures gone.
damn, forgot to save them. but I still love you.
Quote by pedromiles101
That girl is dec. Her cleavage sort of took my attention away from her face, and she doesn't seem like that kind of girl, but first impressions aren't everything.

I'll end with this, so I can go fap..
DAYUM.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
That girl is dec. Her cleavage sort of took my attention away from her face, and she doesn't seem like that kind of girl, but first impressions aren't everything.

I'll end with this, so I can go fap..
DAYUM.

lmao!
Quote by pedromiles101
jeezus, Vic, if you get banhammered for this, the forums are gonna suck, SRSLY. Do it for me, and go to the pit if you want to do shit like this. I don't wanna see you perma'd, man!

Anyway, TS, did you try the effects of different pickup magnets or resistance? Like, the different level of output, and what have you?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
jeezus, Vic, if you get banhammered for this, the forums are gonna suck, SRSLY. Do it for me, and go to the pit if you want to do shit like this. I don't wanna see you perma'd, man!

Anyway, TS, did you try the effects of different pickup magnets or resistance? Like, the different level of output, and what have you?

shhh! don't say anything about being banned
Quote by pedromiles101
Not having a Facebook ftl.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Page 1 of 2