Okay, so about a week ago, i wrote on here asking wether to get a Line 6, or a Peavey Spydyr. Well, I got the Peavey, and it arrived today. Sounded absolutely amazing!... at first. Third time I powered it up, it sounded terrible. The volume keeps going in and out, it doesn't pick up when i'm playing half the time, and it sounds like somebody is turning the gain up and down, up and down. Anyone else ever have this problem? Right now, I am disgusted with Peavey though.
Quote by TheFireWithinPA
Okay, so about a week ago, i wrote on here asking wether to get a Line 6, or a Peavey Spydyr. Well, I got the Peavey, and it arrived today. Sounded absolutely amazing!... at first. Third time I powered it up, it sounded terrible. The volume keeps going in and out, it doesn't pick up when i'm playing half the time, and it sounds like somebody is turning the gain up and down, up and down. Anyone else ever have this problem? Right now, I am disgusted with Peavey though.

Peavey didn't program it to do that, so don't complain about them. Every company throws out a dud every now in then.

Take it to a tech or ask Peavey themselves. If you're good at electronics though, you could crack it open and look to see if something blew or short circuited.
check your cable.

could be a lot of shit.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
with an ignorant rant like that, its almost certainly your guitar at fault
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Lol Peavey > You and your shinanigans
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
You should still be thanking us...probably still sounds better than the Spider

But seriously, check your connections, try other cables, other guitars, take pedals out of your signal chain (if any) before you automatically assume its the amp.

Then, take it back. Unless you bought it second hand you should be able to return it.
Lol Peavey Spydyr. I know its frustrating, but just return that stuff man and get a new one.
peavey is one of the best out there...and its VYPYR, am i right, not SPYDYR...quit your whining and contact customer service, you big baby.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
You really can't be mad at Peavey unles you contacted them for help/warranty and they were douches about it. Its probably the cable.
Quote by TheFireWithinPA

definitely sounds like the symptoms of a bad cable. check them out first. then take it back
Quote by rkmad
definitely sounds like the symptoms of a bad cable. check them out first. then take it back

I can already tell you its a bad cable, I have this problem all the time when I don't clean my cable connections, sounds like someones controlling your volume knob, especially when that cable moves. Plus, if it was a problem with the amp with the symptoms he described then the amp most likely wouldn't work in the first place.
Its probably your cable. Your hellraiser has active pickups so the battery could be going dead.
It sounds like your cable is to blame, not your amp. BUT PEAVEY TOTALLY SUX DUDE!!!

Seriously, Peavey had no way of knowing you were going to have a shitty cable, just calm down, its not their fault.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 6, 2010,
Did you notice that...

Guys who buy a Peavey and have it quit working get pissed off, which they should.

Guys who buy a Bugera and have it quit have group hugs with other Bugera owners and rationalize why it's OK and discuss how to try and fix the brand new amp themselves.

I'm a Peavey guy. Take that F'er back and get a new one.

edit: after you try this

Quote by gregs1020
check your cable.

could be a lot of shit.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jan 6, 2010,
maybe

just maybe

PEAVEY HATES YOU!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
That sounds like a textbook cable break!

Also STAY CALM. Just because you've got unlucky doesn't mean that the manufacturer has a vendetta against you.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by TheFireWithinPA

Obviously something wrong with it, but you did get a bottom of the line peavey amp
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD