Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Crybaby Wah pedal but i dunno..It doesnt seem to reach my expectations..I cant get the tone right..sometimes its too sharp..So anyway, I've decided to sell the CryBaby and buy an EQ pedal.

The stores in my country only seem to have the Boss Ge-7 in stock...Any opinions on this pedal?
I'll be running it through a Cube 30X..
Do EQ pedals make a considerable difference in the tone of a modeling amp?
And any experiences with the GE-7 used with the Cube?

Thanks.
EQ's make a huge difference - IF you know how you use it

check out the MXR EQ's....more versatile then the Boss in my opinion, but I avoid Boss pedals personally....

should work just fine with your cube too.....

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
There's a very simple little trick with the Cry Baby which might make it a little less harsh, simply open it up and change the position of the pot slightly to adjust the range.

Here's a vid I found on youtube which demonstrates the process nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJ2bB4bFfs
Thanks alot guys..Will definitely check out the shops for MXR and Danelectro although im pretty confident i wont be able to get them here..

Is the boss really that bad?With the noise and sterile tone?
And is the difference in tone really noticeable?Or is it one of those "precision" settings for only fine tuning a particular tone?

@kyle62- I actually own one of the classic crybabys and not the normal ones...the classics arent moddable AFAIK..Seriously guys...I expected alot more from it..
^boss pedals will all sterilise your tone a bit, even when they're off.. some people like it, i know that I don't. I own a boss rc-2 and i plugged it at the end of my pedal chain, and even though there were already 13 pedals there, i can hear a difference, my tone got drained a bit, so i usually recommend to look away from boss. i own an mxr 10 band EQ and i didn't notice a difference when i plugged it in the chain, there probably is a slight tone loss, as with all pedals, but it's not noticeable, and there's no difference between the pedal being turned off or on.
Quote by learn_2_fly
Thanks alot guys..Will definitely check out the shops for MXR and Danelectro although im pretty confident i wont be able to get them here..

Is the boss really that bad?With the noise and sterile tone?
And is the difference in tone really noticeable?Or is it one of those "precision" settings for only fine tuning a particular tone?

@kyle62- I actually own one of the classic crybabys and not the normal ones...the classics arent moddable AFAIK..Seriously guys...I expected alot more from it..

They're all moddable like that...did you watch the vid?