Just been ebaying for a new guitar and noticed this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESP-Guitar-ltd-H-1001-BLK-Fast-Free-Ship-NEW-2010-MODEL_W0QQitemZ250559514003QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3a5682c593

Check out the new headstock on them. The h1000 series had the teardrop style better known as the c@#K stock then last year they release the h1001 and it looked like they had just hacked at the end of it. Is this gonna be the new headstock for the H series???
Who knows. But The teardrop headstock was awesome. :/
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I know really want it to come back cause its sooo hard to get hold of a h1000 in a decent condition. Not sure if i like this new verison its better than the last but not the teardrop. Sorta looks like a prs headstock or maybe the same type as the F and MX series.
Nice, Personally I think $699 is a pretty decent price for this guitar.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
looks more like some of the schecter headstocks. Still prefered the other one i think
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My 2009, H-1001 has almost similar shape. The traditional horizon c0ckstock shape are on some older H models which are quite hard to find new nowadays.

Compared to the 2010 model which looks a bit more 'Schecter:ish'.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jan 6, 2010,
Samick probably gave ESP a discount to use the Schecter headstock.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
The new headstock is more contoured than Schecter's and the little mounds thing is a little shorter and wider.
I definatly prefer the 2010 one to the 2009, there was a huge post on the esp forum about it and they have been known to actually do stuff people have asked for so i wonder if this was them listening to us again. If so i really want the c0ckstock to come back the H1000 were so nice with them.
Just out of interest has anyone found a difference between the H series and the MH-NT series apart from the headstock?
After some really close looking for differences i noticed that the H series headstock is now the same as the FX headstock. There are actually a few subtale differences like the length it slightly longer, its not as wide, cutaways are at slightly different.
Check out the other new guitars

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news.html

cant wait to see the rest of there new range and the new ibanez lineup.
Quote by Blanco
I definatly prefer the 2010 one to the 2009, there was a huge post on the esp forum about it and they have been known to actually do stuff people have asked for so i wonder if this was them listening to us again. If so i really want the c0ckstock to come back the H1000 were so nice with them.
Just out of interest has anyone found a difference between the H series and the MH-NT series apart from the headstock?

there really shouldn't be anything different, the MH and H are just designations for the body style. H-XXXX are usually NT already, but they have a Floyd this time. MH-NT means No trem, but they make MH with floyds too.

well, there probably will be differences in woods/tops though

i think the M body style may have a 43mm neck rather then 42mm on MH/H, that may be the only difference i have read.
Last edited by iampeter at Jan 7, 2010,
Yer i played both and felt not difference but disliked the H headstock so got myself the mhnt. Getting a new guitar this year though and im liking the new h1001 but i have my eyes set on an ibanez rg 2770.