How do i stop the strings from snapping when i go out into the cold without detuning the guitar? (I'm in England and what i can normally do fine is buggered up by this stuff called snow :p
Blinded by the exertions of man
I stumble through the haze of modern malfunctions

Dropping myself into darkness
get a hard case for it? or a gig bag at least? I haven't had my strings snap on me and I got 12's on it. (then again, I do play in Drop C) but they still don't break.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
A case usually helps isolate the guitar from major temperature & humidity changes were are not good fro the guitar. If your guitar does get cold allow sufficient time for it to warm up naturally before using it.
Moving on.....
Well all above comments are the answer you are looking for , Get a hard case or heat up the guitar before tuning it
Cheers, looks like i'll be investing in a decent case... and i don't tend to play it for about 1/2hr to 1hr after going inside, is that long enough?
and btw i'm on 13-56 standard tuning
Blinded by the exertions of man
I stumble through the haze of modern malfunctions

Dropping myself into darkness