Hey guys
I've been playing both guitar and drums since i was 6 years old , and love both.
But these days i've been playing guitar so much more than drums , and considering selling my drums. Its a pearl masters set , with pearl eliminators , ziljian a's all round. So would get some nice money for it

Its not just because i don't play drums anymore because i would buy a smaller electric kit so im not 'drum-less'. DAMN , i've got to stop waffling :P
So the question is , has anyone else had this with an instrument where they have played 2 instruments , but decided to drop one to focus COMPLETELY on another?

Cheers
Hope you can decipher that load of waffle :P
I've played piano since I was 4, learned guitar at 12, then dropped piano for guitar. You're not alone
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
I know that Suzuki from Vital Remains plays both the guitar and drums at a pretty high level...but not just one or the other.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Picked up guitar at 6, picked up drums when I was 10 for about 3 years, then I kind of lost interest.

Oh and also, just thought I'd mention...
i like waffles...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I play both drums and guitar, I'm a bit better at drums than guitar. Started seriously drumming when I was 12, picked up guitar at 14. Now I'm finding myself sitting here years later programming drum riffs that I've written into FL9 and recording my own guitar riffs over them. I'd rather be a one man band than amazingly good at one instrument and horrible at the other.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I started playing drums around 14 years old. Started playing guitar around 18. Am now almost 28.

I don't focus ENTIRELY on guitar now, and I'm certainly not going to sell my drums anytime soon, but I do play wayyyy more guitar than drums.

That's largely a factor of being able to play guitar while sitting on my couch watching TV. And also, I've only started to really improve on guitar in the last 2 years, so it's been keeping my attention quite well.
I can ever-so-slightly play drums (you know, a basic 8th note/16th note/gallop/shuffle, but that's about it), and I can play bass with a reasonable level of skill, though I'm FAR better at guitar than I am at bass or drums, especially drums.

On an unrelated note, I want to learn how to play sax.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Adam D from Killswitch started as the drummer for their band. I think on end of heartache he switched to guitar.

Its not a bad thing by any means, I am starting to learn drums. But, primarily because our band can't find a drummer.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Yes that one of the main reasons i want to pursue just guitar. You can play it in the middle of the night fine , drums - no way. Unless you have a massive hour or soundproof.

But i will still do rudiments on practice pads so can still drum a bit.

Good im not alone , glad people don't think im a complete moron not carrying on drums aswell xD Just want to be really good at one , can't at all - unfortunately im not Stevie Wonder :P
It sounds bizzare. But playing the drums really helped my guitar.
I think its just the timing aspect , im not sure though.
So selling my kit , except double pedals. So i can use them and snare practice pad to do rudiments.
But the rest will be sold (hopefully) and that money will be spent on guitar :P

Dave Grohl plays both. I'm not sure which he picked up first though.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Zoofie
It sounds bizzare. But playing the drums really helped my guitar.
I think its just the timing aspect , im not sure though.

I started drumming about a year after i started guitar and it greatly improved my timing skills, especially when jamming with a drummer.
the guitar player in my friends band also laid down the drum tracks and the bass tracks on their new demo. and its tech/death metal. he is a mad man.
I started drumming when I was 11 years old. But as I got into some of the heavier bands, I also picked up on some of the amazing guitar work they did. I even sometimes played "air guitar" with drum-sticks, so yeah...

I have a tiny electronic drum kit, because I still love playing drums religiously.

I will say though, the drumming really helped me ease into the guitar because of the similarities of having both of your hands doing different things, while staying in time.
Niceee , yeah it really helped.
One thing im worried about is that guitarists are alot more common than drummers , making finding a band harder.
But thats just a small issue i guess........and i love guitar
Also , their are so many different styles of guitar
Quote by a7xplayer
I wouldnt ever drop one instrument to go for another, I would work on both. That is why I play so many instruments now.

Sometimes lack of free time only makes it possible to focus enough time on one instrument.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Quote by ch0
Dave Grohl plays both. I'm not sure which he picked up first though.

Prob drums, as he was Nirvana's drummer
I'm somewhat certain Thomas Erak of The Fall of Troy was originally a drummer.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5