We all know that the Spider III wasn't exactly great, but I've started to see some of the IVs and they look pretty sweet. I haven't been able to try one out yet, but I'm planning on it.

Any word on whether this is a new change or cheap rehashing?
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
they're supposed to be slightly better but they're still worth avoiding, just look at peavey vypyr's, roland cube's, and vox vt's
Its a relative thing they may have improved it, but it still has a long long way to go before they become decent amps. Question is have they made ANY improvement in the reliability of the slider series.
Quote by britishsligean
they're supposed to be slightly better but they're still worth avoiding, just look at peavey vypyr's, roland cube's, and vox vt's

+1
I'd say that the modellers are a bit improved on my Spider Jam (gen IV) as opposed to the Spider III, otherwise I don't think there's a big difference except the FBV-Connector on low-end Spiders and the LCD on high-end Spiders.
As for tone quality, that continues to be subjective and is worth trying out for oneself. As for hardware quality, they're very sturdy, as were the Spider IIIs.