How would you do so in the following situation? I have an attenuator for my OD, which means I have to dime the volume knob on the amp. When I want to go straight back into cleans, I have to bypass the attenuator and adjust the amp volume. I have an OD pedal as a clean boost, and also a volume pedal. What's the best way to go about it?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
?

Set the amp up clean, and use your OD pedal as an Od pedal instead of a clean boost. Use the Volume pedal to boost your cleans if you need to.

Wait. There's always some catch with these threads.

So, why would this NOT work.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Just roll back your volume knob for cleans.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

Glad you figured out what he's talking about...

Dude. Where's the old avatar? I miss it.
Quote by Raijouta

Everyone says this but IMHO it's just not practical in most live applications. The fact that you've to stop strumming/picking to do it, means everything has to stop for a half second or however long it takes you to find the loudest clean sweetspot on your volume knob. Also the volume drop will kill you in a live mix with another guitarist.

I know some people swear by it, but I just don't think it's a practical solution at all.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Hereby being my point.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
Hereby being my point.

Yeah, sure. No one wants to have to twiddle knobs mid-song. I still don't get why with two od/distortion pedals and a volume pedal you can't set the amp up clean, leave it like that, and run your pedals into it for overdrive/distortion/fuzz/whatever? Open the attenuator up to let the whole amp volume through.
Gear:

I only have one OD, which I'm using for a clean signal boost of the attenuated amp.

It's the fact that I'll have to switch off the attenuator by hand then set my volume at the right level.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Why can't you leave it off all the time?
Gear:

Because it is used for distorting your power tubes to get natural tube overdrive.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
Because it is used for distorting your power tubes to get natural tube overdrive.

I know what it's used for, but if it's not practical to use it live, then just don't use it live. Set the amp up clean and overdrive it from the front end.

Or get a second amp for cleans if you MUST have your twin reverb for natural tube overdrive. Otherwise you're pretty much screwed for cleans with this setup unless you can master the volume knob twiddly thing.
Gear:

Yer, true. Maybe I can put a stopper on my volume pedal to roll it back to for cleans.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
Yer, true. Maybe I can put a stopper on my volume pedal to roll it back to for cleans.

Should work. Find the sweet spot, measure the height from the heel, cut a piece of wood or something to size and glue it in place. Job done!

You'll still have the volume drop problem, but it seems like it might be your only option.

Hope I helped more than I hindered, man. Best of luck with it.
Gear: