I'm looking for a pickup for the bridge of my Epi LP Studio. I play through a multeffects pedal and a Big Muff Pi into a Peavey Valveking 212. I need a pickup that can give me searing leads and a good classic metal rhythm tone, but still sound great for classic hard rock and hot blues. Also, my amp is a little too bassy (even though I love it), and a pickup that balances it out would be nice.

I'm thinking either the Duncan Distortion or the Dimarzio Super Distortion, or something around that. No active pickups though.

Any suggestions?
emg 85 or an 89. the 89 gives you the single coil option, which may be good for blues-y stuff. but it will definitely gives a good hard rock/metal tone
the duncan sh-4 jb is pretty popular. i had one and liked it a lot. not too much bass on it either. i've got emg's now tho.
super distortion or tonezone or duncan jb
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Super Distortion. You won't regret it!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Pobre_Bob
No active pickups though.
Quote by JohnnyChimpo241
emg 85 or an 89. the 89 gives you the single coil option, which may be good for blues-y stuff. but it will definitely gives a good hard rock/metal tone

TS, you're in no-man's-land. You want "hot" but that comes with a price. The hotter it's wound, the duller it will sound. I'd go no hotter than a JB if you wanna get good tones for rock and blues and just use pedals to get you into metal territory.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Winman9999
tonezone

Awesome pups those ToneZones. What about the CrunchLab?
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
The neck pup doesn't really work, it loses almost all gain when I switch to it, so a versatile pickup is a good suggestion. Is the Tone Zone good for blues/cleans?
What is in your bridge position right now? mbe you could use that in the neck.
Lots more string deflection at the neck. So it will be a lot louder there.
More bottom end, less brittle. Best of all, free.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Maybe. I was planning on getting a $30 Powered by Lace hb for the neck in a month or two, but I might not get it. Even so, the bridge pup would still be real trebly for a neck pup.

Is the tz more bottom end or more searing?
Dude, you should look into the DiMarzio Evolution. That can give you searing lead. And while I'm not saying you shouldn't get the Tone Zone, I'm pretty sure it's fairly dark, which I don't think is what you want.
The Evolution is a little too hot. What about the Evo 2? Is it good for classic rock/blues? (I already know it's great at metal)
I have the Evo 2, so I can speak from experience.... Yes, I think you'll love it, I know I do. It is quite versatile as it has more headroom than the original Evo's. It should give you what you need, both in searing leads and lighter stuff. Definitely go for it!