Hey, i recently found out about the Tremol-No system, and i practically jumped for joy. I love my guitar, but i hate the floating trem system, it's dramatically crippled my guitar playing. I've read mixed reviews on it, but is it hard to install/maintain? and will it break or stop working right after a certain amount of time? Any answers will be very much appreciated. also, if anyone can tell me where i can get one, i looked online at Guitar Center but they didn't seem to have it. do they carry it in stores or not at all? thanks.
Quote by Symphony21
Just wondering, how did the floating trem cripple your guitar playing?

I was just wondering the same thing.

These block systems and what not are a waste of time and money. If you don't want to use tremolo, don't use tremolo. It's not that hard to resist messing with the bar. Blocking the system completely eliminate your ability to use the tremolo on the fly, especially if you are improvising.

A friend of mine used one of these live, and forgot to unblock the tremolo before a song that made full use of the floyd rose. Didn't end well.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE

These block systems and what not are a waste of time and money. If you don't want to use tremolo, don't use tremolo. It's not that hard to resist messing with the bar. Blocking the system completely eliminate your ability to use the tremolo on the fly, especially if you are improvising.

A friend of mine used one of these live, and forgot to unblock the tremolo before a song that made full use of the floyd rose. Didn't end well.

Some people buy a guitar with a FR when they stayed with one tuning for the most part.

Taste changes over time, which may mean going into different tunings which is a very large pain in the ass with those bridges.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
If you don't like using the whammy bar, just either take it out or put a little shim in the block instead. It would be a lot quicker than installing and uninstalling a tremel-no
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
If you don't like using the whammy bar, just either take it out or put a little shim in the block instead. It would be a lot quicker than installing and uninstalling a tremel-no
Guess you don't know how a tremol-no works. You don't have to uninstall it to stop using it.

Anyways, a guy I know has been using a tremol-no regularly since they became available and he hasn't had any issues yet.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The tremol-no is a great device I put one on my jackson in 30 min.
One of the main reasons was, able to drop tune, and now the strings don't go sharp when I bend other strings.
You can get them from floyd upgrades.com
I used to switch tunnings alot and now that I bought a Floyd rose system I can't do that anymore. I'm constantly having to retune my guitar, and because of the sustain my divebombs and screamers don't sound nearly as good. Plus I bought my guitar before I even knew what a Floyd rose system was so I kind of screwed myself.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I have one in my PRS. They are brilliant - check the website for dealers. Installation took about 30mins, and its durable enough that it feels like it will keep on working for longer than I will!

I put one in my Shecter Blackjack C1 ATX FR and I couldn't be happier. Was able to downtune two whole steps without any issues. Not difficult to install by any means.

It really enables a FR-equipped guitar to have the ultimate flexibility.
i had one for a while to block my LFR equipped guitar

worked pretty fine until one day the tremolo was kinda wobbly and i opened it up inside to find a loose pin jammed between the clamp mechanism... when i tried to move it back it broke
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
If you're never going to use the Floyd Rose, there are better, cheaper options out there. Get a piece of wood that fits very snug in there to "block" the tremolo from moving at all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My buddy put one in his washburn culprit and i LOVE it. Works real well.

Takes about 2 seconds to change from the "blocked" to "full-floating" setting and is seemingly durable as hellll. It really is a good device.

He's had it on there awhile and has had no problems.
I'm getting one for my sevenstring. They seem well designed, solid and easy to install (they have videos on their website where they install one in about 15 minutes), but if you never use the floyd anyway, it's probably not worth it. Block it with a piece of wood, had that on my first guitar for a long time, worked wonderfully.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you're never going to use the Floyd Rose, there are better, cheaper options out there. Get a piece of wood that fits very snug in there to "block" the tremolo from moving at all.

+1 Although it takes two blocks to really get it wedged in there right... I did this to my strat and its a sustain machine now. Go to a hardware store and buy a box of shims, they work perfectly and you can cut the correct width you need. Basically just wedge a small block on either side of the sustain block so that not only can it not move, but it is really tightly wedged in there.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Jan 7, 2010,
if you're not planning to use the tremolo just put a piece of wood or something to block it, these things are like a 100 dollars ; /
Quote by MetalGS3SE

have you ever used a tremol-no? the entire point is that you can go from blocked to unblocked, on the fly. if you have some songs where you need a trem, and some where you don't (or even parts of songs, if you're really quick at engaging and disengaging the tremol-no), then the tremol-no is vastly superior to just blocking the trem, as blocking is an "either/or" solution. If you just want to block your trem forever, then matrix claw is correct.

that being said, i found the tremol-no a lot more awkward than the instructional videos would suggest, but it did (more or less) do what it said on the tin.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 7, 2010,
Recommended threads
tremol-no
guitarzero2634
Last post:
by Quinlan