Are there any LP style guitars which feature a strat trem or a floating bridge? I'm asking just out of curiosity. I've seen them with Floyds, but none other.

So yeah, you seen any? Post the make and/or model, if you can

Cheers!
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Jan 8, 2010,
you can normally find them with bigsby's
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i've seen LTD's and ESP's with floating trems. i think the correct model is the EC, but i'm not entirely sure.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
i had a Gibson LP studio standard which was only made for a couple of years in the 80s that came with a factory installed kahler trem.
Gibson Les Paul Axcess, ESP/LTD Eclipse series, some Agiles, Shecter Solo 6 (I think), Fernandez Ravelle (deluxe, I think), and some others...
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I would recommend an ESP LTD EC-1000 FR, Unless you're looking for the Les Paul sound, not shape.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Waterboy799
[all access LP]

Dont you love people who don't read actual post?

But besides Bigsby's and Floyds I've never seen any other trem on a Gibson LP before If it counts I do believe the PRS singlecut has a strat-like trem (whatever the PRS trem is called XD)
As others have said, Bigsby and Floyd bridges are.. well, not common, but not that rare either on LPs.

But if you're loking for non-Floyd types which are still floating, or a Strat style vibrato, you're a bit screwed. The Epi Special-II Gt is the only one I've ever seen with such a bridge and that's awful. Warmoth could make you a bolt-on LP body routed for a Strat style vibrato (or any other type of vibrato you wanted), but that means putting the guitar together yourself, and Warmoth LPs never have quite the same tone as a traditional Gibson LP even if you match the specs.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
As others have said, Bigsby and Floyd bridges are.. well, not common, but not that rare either on LPs.

But if you're loking for non-Floyd types which are still floating, or a Strat style vibrato, you're a bit screwed. The Epi Special-II Gt is the only one I've ever seen with such a bridge and that's awful. Warmoth could make you a bolt-on LP body routed for a Strat style vibrato (or any other type of vibrato you wanted), but that means putting the guitar together yourself, and Warmoth LPs never have quite the same tone as a traditional Gibson LP even if you match the specs.

Yeah, what with the bolt on neck and all. It's a bit too snappy for traditional LP tone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AntiG3
Vibrola.

thats is
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Discontinued but PRS Singlecut Trem had a 2 point strat trem on them. Lovely guitars too I wish I could buy one now.
As mentioned earlier a Vibrola will probably do the trick.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Vecheka
As mentioned earlier a Vibrola will probably do the trick.

Yes, but I'm guessing they're quite hard to find for curved tops like Les Pauls, and if you do, they aren't very functional, cause they really don't stay in tune easy.

I'd maybe go with a Stetsbar, expensive, but they're alright. You can go here and you can see some Les Pauls.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Yes, but I'm guessing they're quite hard to find for curved tops like Les Pauls, and if you do, they aren't very functional, cause they really don't stay in tune easy.

I'd maybe go with a Stetsbar, expensive, but they're alright. You can go here and you can see some Les Pauls.

Stetsbars are also a good option, and probably better for a carved top as well. I have a Vibrola on my Gibson V and it works like a charm, but I have no experience with them on a Les Paul.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Vecheka
Stetsbars are also a good option, and probably better for a carved top as well. I have a Vibrola on my Gibson V and it works like a charm, but I have no experience with them on a Les Paul.

You kinda get good ones and bad ones I suppose, I've seen some which stay in tune quite well, but I've played others which just don't.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Edit:LOL

wrong thread

OT, the stetsbar is pretty cool, tad expensive though... maybe one day
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Jan 8, 2010,