Page 1 of 3
So I just hit the redo button. All of mankind's history has just been erased. All memories of social injustice are gone. No more memories of racial oppression. No nationalistic superiority complexes. We all wake up tomorrow with the promise of a new beginning. There is no hatred towards our fellow man.

How long before we all start killing each other again?

How long till petty differences divide us again?

Or could we go forward as a species without turmoil?

Could we live in peace with each other?

Are we doomed to renew the cycle of hatred and intolerance.

This thread was inspired by a conversation I just had with the wisest person on the planet. My wife.
I couldn't answer her without my personal biases coming into play. Can you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Ctrl+z

OMFG
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Ctrl+z

That's undo not redo. >.<

And we would still fight. It wouldn't be very long.

Even under those circumstances I can't see world peace being real.
Last edited by Well....... at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Ctrl+z

She didn't know wtf I was talking about.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Well.......
That's undo not redo. >.<

And we would still fight.

I'm undoing the redo

On topic: Are you saying we're starting all over, with a female and a male, or that there's still 6 billion of us on the planet?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Depends. actually, if you answered dimebagliveson's question, it will make this easier to answer/give my opinion
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I doubt it. Maybe we'd last a few days before something serious happens, but it would just go downhill from there.

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
On topic: Are you saying we're starting all over, with a female and a male, or that there's still 6 billion of us on the planet?
This actually is quite important.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by joshua122593
History repeats itself.

If there is no history what would repeat?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, there have always been fights since the beginning of man. So a fresh start would just lead to eventual fighting. 6.5 billion people. Some are bound to get in an argument.

/philosophatizin'
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I'm undoing the redo

6 billion of us wake up tomorrow with no idea of what happened yesterday or before.
We have no concept of racial/social/nationalistic ideals.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
This is the pit. What do you think will happen?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Do we have all of our current technology, or are we hunter/gatherers? I think we'd start killing each other as as soon as we have enough free time not spent trying to survive.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by Jackal58
6 billion of us wake up tomorrow with no idea of what happened yesterday or before.

In that case, there would be a lot less culture clashing, and we still have mass communication. I could actually see a world wide government forming, one nation.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
the moment we see each other.

when we have nothing better to do. We are made like that.

No we cannot

no. we werent made to be this way.

Yes we are.
ctrl+y?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Jackal58

It would start with violence from fear, lead to small colonization, and tribal feuding, eventually leading to larger empires. Europe wouldnt start with all the power though, seeing as we have a large multi-racial population in all countries. Less discrimination, less hate, but still fighting over territory and fighting for greed.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by iantheman
Do we have all of our current technology, or are we hunter/gatherers? I think we'd start killing each other as as soon as we have enough free time not spent trying to survive.

Current technology. The only thing that has changed is our current reasons for hatred and feelings of superiority.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

History doesn't literally repeat. But it goes back to the saying of "Those who do not understand history, are doomed to repeat it." Without the lessons of history available we would definitely fall into the same traps. even with history to learn from most don't study it, and we see the the same group of problems repeating themselves.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Natural tendency to group together, someone will power trip and hence new leader, over time start to associate foreign things with potential danger, alienate anything different due to last point including people who 'look different' (you know it's true), etc. etc.

I mean obviously some things would be different, but we're a pretty stupid species that tends to always resolve to primal instinct in times of danger. And when you're starting from scratch out of nowhere...yeah I'd be scared. I'd resort to instinct. And the above is my instinct.

EDIT: And yes, I stand by this even with the availability of all the technology we have at hand because we wouldn't understand the purpose for most of it. What the hell is a primitive being going to do with a laptop or an XBOX 360? Maybe throw it at something else.

Double edit: Oh dang, I totally misunderstood this thread. We still have language and an idea of what a functioning society would be, just none of the bad history....ah...never mind my rant then.
The Clarion Call - Solo(unfortunately) music project

GEAR:
ESP/LTD EC-1000 in Dark Cherry
Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 100W Head
MESA 2x12 Rectifier Cab @ 140W

Chances are, I will lurk your profile.
Last edited by theclarioncall at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Jackal58

You only said memories, not time.
Quote by Jackal58
Current technology. The only thing that has changed is our current reasons for hatred and feelings of superiority.

Then I think we'd get right back to where we are now. With astonishing speed.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by Jackal58
So I just hit the redo button. All of mankind's history has just been erased. All memories of social injustice are gone. No more memories of racial oppression. No nationalistic superiority complexes. We all wake up tomorrow with the promise of a new beginning. There is no hatred towards our fellow man.

This thread was inspired by a conversation I just had with the wisest person on the planet. My wife.
I couldn't answer her without my personal biases coming into play. Can you?

well. thanks for change "my" quote in your sig
I think it would either be a great society where everyone loves each other due to the common need to survive, or it would go to hell in a hand basket within a week. I just don't want to be there when some morons find a nuke and start throwing shit at it until something happens.
I don't believe in a deterministic future. I think if we kept current technology but erased our past prejudices then perhaps we would not sink into another cycle of "hatred and intolerance" I believe this because I think that current technology doesn't require us to be as individualistic as we once were. We don't need to stand on other people's backs to feed ourselves and our families anymore. The internet means that I can communicate with people from all walks of life.

I think that a fresh start would be a brilliant thing for the human race =)
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
In that case, there would be a lot less culture clashing, and we still have mass communication. I could actually see a world wide government forming, one nation.

Quote by diminishedtobme
the moment we see each other.

when we have nothing better to do. We are made like that.

No we cannot

no. we werent made to be this way.

Yes we are.

Quote by DempseyPunk
It would start with violence from fear, lead to small colonization, and tribal feuding, eventually leading to larger empires. Europe wouldnt start with all the power though, seeing as we have a large multi-racial population in all countries. Less discrimination, less hate, but still fighting over territory and fighting for greed.

Seems to be a bit of hope amidst the doom sayers.

Quote by Hobble
History doesn't literally repeat. But it goes back to the saying of "Those who do not understand history, are doomed to repeat it." Without the lessons of history available we would definitely fall into the same traps. even with history to learn from most don't study it, and we see the the same group of problems repeating themselves.

If there is no history to understand how do we learn from it? Doesn't history promote violence?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

She ain't half bad to look at either.

Quote by Jackal58

We'd turn on the television, see a History Channel special airing something on WWII, look to the recorded history books, and figure things out fairly quickly, and maybe even come up with some new creative racial slurs.
Quote by Jackal58

before the first murder there was no history either. Humanity would not be able to sustain a state of on going peace because we are inherently self interested. Especially if there are still 6 billion people on the world we would not last more than a half hour before our first break of peace. even though its sad its wat we are. We can still hope for days of pure peace.
Quote by iantheman
Then I think we'd get right back to where we are now. With astonishing speed.

I think you're right. But wouldn't it be great to see if it did happen. I would love to see if we're better than I think we are.

Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
well. thanks for change "my" quote in your sig

Don't worry you'll be a hedonistic ass in another week or two. I felt a bit magnanimous during the holiday season. I am the eternal optimist.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't think people understand. We still have the technology, but we have no memory. If you woke up from a 30 year coma you wouldn't know what to do with an Xbox would you? The only way you'd know is if someone told you how it worked, but no one else remembers how the Xbox works, so it effectively becomes a heavy white or black rock.
prejudice is something we have in order to survive. deny it all you want, our ability to look at someone and judge whether they are a threat or not is detrimental to our survival.
people will gather with those who look like themselves thus dividing people once again. etc etc shit storm.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
sudo rm -rf /

(don't run that if you're in linux or mac)
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Quote by cornmancer
I don't think people understand. We still have the technology, but we have no memory. If you woke up from a 30 year coma you wouldn't know what to do with an Xbox would you? The only way you'd know is if someone told you how it worked, but no one else remembers how the Xbox works, so it effectively becomes a heavy white or black rock.

I was under the same impression...read carefully. All he's saying is that our social history is wiped, our memory and everything is still there. Our languages, our currency, or society, etc., it's all there. Just no history or knowledge of our negative past.
The Clarion Call - Solo(unfortunately) music project

GEAR:
ESP/LTD EC-1000 in Dark Cherry
Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 100W Head
MESA 2x12 Rectifier Cab @ 140W

Chances are, I will lurk your profile.
we learn from our mistakes, and since our past mistakes of hatred and intolerance would be forgotten, I think the planet would quickly become far worse than it is today.
Quote by theclarioncall
I was under the same impression...read carefully. All he's saying is that our social history is wiped, our memory and everything is still there. Our languages, our currency, or society, etc., it's all there. Just no history or knowledge of our negative past.

Indeed. How long will it take for us to start the ball rolling again or would we be like Bill and Ted and be excellent to each other?
I don't know the answer.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 3