Okay guys,
here's the situation,
I have 370 bucks, US I can spend,
but it has to be Sam Ash, (gift cards )
I've been looking at a Zoom G9.2tt and a Boss ME-70.
I like on the Zoom that it has an audio interface for recording, a separate volume and expression pedal, and also that it's powered by two tubes,
But the Boss seems kind of simpler than the Zoom.
If you have experience with these,
I would love your input,
and any other requests you may have.
I can definitely save more.
But I don't want to spend over 450.
Thanks guys.

EDIT:I'm in a band that gigs, the muti-fx unit needs to be easy to switch channels on stage
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Last edited by AustinxAtomic at Jan 6, 2010,
Digitech RP250 will work well, roughly half that price. Check the higher end models if you wanna spend more.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
I had A digitech RP something..
Not practical for playing shows,
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by AustinxAtomic

It is if you set it up properly. You need to set everything you plan on using in numerical order as predicted. Typically, if you have a standardized set, this is easy enough
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
I have a PODX3 Live but it is $499 new as you may know while the PODXT Live is $100 cheaper. Sometimes I just wish I would've got the XT version to save that money. I don't know if you have looked at these but pretty much everyone knows about them. It seems to resemble that Zoom model you asked about but they have more effects onboard in comparison. They don't use a tube however.
havent used the zoom or digitech but i did borrow my friends pod x3 live. the effects quality was superb and it was actually pretty easy to organize them. if i remember right, you have 4 fx (A,B,C,D) per "channel" and you can use two fx on a particular letter at once.

my only complaints are the extreme sensitivity of the volume pedal. i think you can only choose for it to be volume or wah and not off, so that was kinda weird and anger-inducing to work with since i was using headphones a lot, so the volume pedal was a bit of an issue. the other complaint was the difficulty of programming good quality fx. it takes a long ass time to do, especially to make a good distortion. maybe that just takes even more time than i put into it, and maybe people who are more familiar with multi fx pedals and/or line 6 stuff would have an easier time.

you might could find a used one for $300-$400. dont know if sam ash sells used in the same way MF does.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
my only complaints are the extreme sensitivity of the volume pedal. i think you can only choose for it to be volume or wah and not off, so that was kinda weird and anger-inducing to work with since i was using headphones a lot, so the volume pedal was a bit of an issue. the other complaint was the difficulty of programming good quality fx. it takes a long ass time to do, especially to make a good distortion. maybe that just takes even more time than i put into it, and maybe people who are more familiar with multi fx pedals and/or line 6 stuff would have an easier time.

you might could find a used one for $300-$400. dont know if sam ash sells used in the same way MF does.

I think these kind of things have to be kept in mind when buying any multi-effects unit. My pedal doesn't seem to be as sensitive as some I tried but every unit is different. It does take a little time to get the tone you want or are looking for but it can be done. The options are great but you have to learn how to operate every control. It did take me a while but I've got better and faster at it on my X3. Please don't get discourage quickly with whatever you may invest in.

TS you seem to be already thinking this but if not, imagine having to use each one on stage before making your final choice.
+1 for the XT Live. I don't know that having the ability to use two tones overlapped at once is worth an extra $100 for the X3. I get some nice effects out of the XT, and can only assume that I might be able to match tones used in recordings by bands better by having the dual tone, which I don't really care about to be honest, if I can get *close enough* with the XT.
Quote by AustinxAtomic

The GNX series is better in live situations and recording.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -