Hi everyone.

I recently bought a Seagull Maritime (Cedar Gloss Top) acoustic guitar. The cedar really makes it sound mellow and deeper. But sometimes the low drone of the E and A strings is a bit overwhelming. Is there any way to tweak this a bit (new strings, any other adjustments)?

Thanks everyone!
Changing saddle materials could give you a clearer and slightly brighter sound. Bone or Ivory are excellent choices for this kind of thing. It'll only set you back about $40 or so. I, as well as others on this board have ordered from Bob Colosi. Give his name a google and his site should come right up. Lets just say that the difference between TusQ(which is what came on my Martin and what you have on your Seagull) and Fossilized Walrus Ivory is like night and day.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Changing saddle materials could give you a clearer and slightly brighter sound. Bone or Ivory are excellent choices for this kind of thing. It'll only set you back about $40 or so. I, as well as others on this board have ordered from Bob Colosi. Give his name a google and his site should come right up. Lets just say that the difference between TusQ(which is what came on my Martin and what you have on your Seagull) and Fossilized Walrus Ivory is like night and day.

Sounds like some excellent advice. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks!