Thinkin about spending the cash..but I wanna hear from you guys my UG experienced players..... My father's helping me out with the $$....but i wanna know....do i get an entire new rig....or the guitar.... is it really really gonna be the shit as far as sounding...and will it go up in value?....OR do i say you know dad... I think i want some new amps and maybe a bitchin LES Paul Studio with some adjustments?....Tell me what you think...the guitar is $12,000 with tax and all...and It really is the Dream Les Paul...but you could grab TWO, really bitchin Studio Les Pauls for the same priced....So do i blow the money on the guitar or.....do I Go on a shoppin spree?
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
For the love of god get the equipment. I could easily spend 12 grand and have a rediculously nice custom guitar, a nice amp, and probably a full pedal board and a P.A. God if I had 12 grand I would have recording equipment too.

Edit: Will your parents adopt me? I could jumpstart my career with that much money.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Last edited by blueriver at Jan 6, 2010,
First of all. Don't put so many full stops between your sentences. It's a pain to read such posts.

Get a rig. $12000 is a huge amount. You can get a great guitar and a decent rig. If you spend all this money on guitar right now and I'm assuming you are a beginner, it will be a waste. Unless your daddy is REALLY rich and can afford to buy you the entire rig for the guitar later (after 2-3 months because sooner or later you'll realize that 80% of your sound depends on your rig and only 10% on your guitar (10% being your ability)).
There is no guarantee that it will increase in value, the Jimmy Page #1 les paul went up in value depending on the one you got, but it was primarily the signed one that initially sold for $35k that is now fetching the big bucks. There is no guarantee that the #2 will, it might, but at the same time, oversaturating the market with Page les pauls does nothing but drive prices down.

Investing in guitars can be risky business, but the $12000 VOS model most likely will be more of a personal collectable rather than something that you can resell later for more. If you're a huge Page fanatic or something and want Page's sound, assuming you can play as well, you'd be getting much closer by buying a Gibson r9, replacing the pickups and playing it through a Marshall super lead and 4x12 than you will with the #2 les paul. Page never really used #2 that much, it was mainly a backup stage guitar.

Second, I know it's not my place to judge here, but if you need your dad's help to pay for a $12000 guitar, then you probably shouldn't be buying a $12000 guitar.
Quote by CommBreakDown
Thinkin about spending the cash..but I wanna hear from you guys my UG experienced players..... My father's helping me out with the $$....but i wanna know....do i get an entire new rig....or the guitar.... is it really really gonna be the shit as far as sounding...and will it go up in value?....OR do i say you know dad... I think i want some new amps and maybe a bitchin LES Paul Studio with some adjustments?....Tell me what you think...the guitar is $12,000 with tax and all...and It really is the Dream Les Paul...but you could grab TWO, really bitchin Studio Les Pauls for the same priced....So do i blow the money on the guitar or.....do I Go on a shoppin spree?

dude, i would NEVER spend that kind of money on a guitar. im not a big fan of the les paul personally. dont really like the feel but they sound good. not a big fan of the studio though. its alright i suppose. but man, 12 grand could get you a great rig. look at some godin guitars. i have a godin and i love it. every gutiar ive tried from them feels great, sounds great, and the price is a steal. honestly, gibson is good, but i think they are way overpriced. id find a great guitar, amp and maybe even a pedal or two depending on what you want. im already pretty happy with my amp so id probably just invest some money in some slight mods to make it better and maybe get an extension cab.
I probably could get a perfect rig for half the money. Nevertheless, I'd get at least two different amps, one with a great clean sound, like a Fender Twin, and one for some heavy distorted sound. If you really want a Les Paul, why don't you search for these small factories that build unique guitars for almost half the money but better quality?
[Personally, I'd get my hands on a original '62 Fender Strat, although it might be alot cheaper. but before buying I would invest a lot of time to find out which is the very best guitar for my personal playing for that amount of money. And probably get at least two guitars].
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way