Thinkin about spending the cash..but I wanna hear from you guys my UG experienced players..... My father's helping me out with the $$....but i wanna know....do i get an entire new rig....or the guitar.... is it really really gonna be the shit as far as sounding...and will it go up in value?....OR do i say you know dad... I think i want some new amps and maybe a bitchin LES Paul Studio with some adjustments?....Tell me what you think...the guitar is $12,000 with tax and all...and It really is the Dream Les Paul...but you could grab TWO, really bitchin Studio Les Pauls for the same priced....So do i blow the money on the guitar or.....do I Go on a shoppin spree?

IS IT WORTH IT!?
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
It's about as necessary as the number of periods in your post.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
None of the three forums you have posted this in so far are actually the right ones.

Delete them and just ask in Electric Guitar.
Do You Want To Be Jimmy Page Or Do You Not Want To Be Jimmy Page!?!?!?!?!?
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by Schism1985
Dude Les Pauls suck soooooo much dick (quality, feel, look, playability, price). Go for something better, and if you're putting down 12 grand on a guitar, make damn sure you try it out first.

Les Pauls kick ass dude
Quote by Schism1985
not at all, play a 2008 LP or later and it will almost certainly piss you off how shitty it is when you look at the price tag.

So you're saying they suck based on the price tag? I've played some 2009's and I loved them.
I think it's a waste.
You could get a studio, like you said, just about any amp you'd prefer, build an entire effects board and put it all in road cases for that.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
If I were you...I would buy a PRS SC 245, maybe an LP Traditional or Standard, and a kick ass amp

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
There is no way to justify a $12,000 guitar. None. Get a Les Paul Standard, save 10 grand, and you more than likely will never know the difference. And playing a guitar before you buy it is an absolute must when you get up into that price range.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
So you're saying they suck based on the price tag? I've played some 2009's and I loved them.

This, I love Les Paul's, even though I think they look horrendous.

Edit: Get a whole new rig by the way.
Quote by Lord Mudkipz

Then you have horrible taste in guitar. It's a well known fact that Gibby's factory quality control has been completely out of whack for like the past 5 years.

And yes, when you pay over $3000 for an instrument, it should be really ****ing nice. There's no reason for something that costs as much as a used car to have a messed up neck, shitty pick ups, unleveled frets, shitty wood etc. etc.
Quote by Schism1985
Then you have horrible taste in guitar. It's a well known fact that Gibby's factory quality control has been completely out of whack for like the past 5 years.

And yes, when you pay over $3000 for an instrument, it should be really ****ing nice. There's no reason for something that costs as much as a used car to have a messed up neck, shitty pick ups, unleveled frets, shitty wood etc. etc.

Maybe you're just an elitist fag with a dick stuck in his ass who doesn't know about the meaning of the word opinion. How about you let my opinion be instead of trying to force your beliefs onto people.

Now excuse me while I play my Gibby Les Paul
Quote by Schism1985

Holy opinions, Batman!

Look, we get it that you hate Gibson. But not every guitar they make is crap. You just have to find one that you like. Hence, playing guitars before you buy. Just chill out, man.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
12k on a guitar?

Honestly, you'd be happier making one yourself on warmoth to suit your needs. Not to mention it'd be far less expensive.

It's not my money or mindset, so do what you like.
Last edited by SprayonTan at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Holy opinions, Batman!

Look, we get it that you hate Gibson. But not every guitar they make is crap. You just have to find one that you like. Hence, playing guitars before you buy. Just chill out, man.

Good one dude
TS is either a troll or a really spoiled rich kid. Either way this is stupid.

*reported*

Oh, and do you guys remember that thread a while ago explaining about NOT posting after somebody has reported the thread?
Quote by JacobTheMe
TS is either a troll or a really spoiled rich kid. Either way this is stupid.

*reported*

Oh, and do you guys remember that thread a while ago explaining about NOT posting after somebody has reported the thread?

Nobody's posted *reported* yet...

Oh wait...

>.>

<.<

*flees thread*
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Holy opinions, Batman!

Ehh no, what i'm saying can be easily verified by other (less biased) people. Gibson is being driven into the ground by shitty management and because of this, they pedal out sub-par instruments and then mark the prices up ridiculously high.

I heard somewhere that it costs something like $300 to make an LP classic, yet they sell it for like $2,600
You could get 6 beyond amazing guitars for that price, and they'll probably all play better than it.

Gibson markups + Celebrity name =
Quote by Schism1985
Ehh no, what i'm saying can be easily verified by other (less biased) people. Gibson is being driven into the ground by shitty management and because of this, they pedal out sub-par instruments and then mark the prices up ridiculously high.

I heard somewhere that it costs something like $300 to make an LP classic, yet they sell it for like $2,600

Your source of "somewhere" is completely accurate. Gibson's may be overpriced, but it costs more than $300 to make an LP. They have to have some kind of margin as do the resellers. They probably make 15-25% on each LP they sell to a shop.
Last edited by Melodic_Rocker at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Schism1985

That's cool and all, and I get where you're coming from about the company, but when you start with something like

Dude Les Pauls suck soooooo much dick

That just strikes me as very elitist and pretty opinionated. Despite your arguments, not all Gibson guitars are as horrible as you say they are. So I'm saying, just chill out. We get that you hate Gibson, but that's still your opinion and we're entitled to our own. I for one have played many recently made Gibsons and I liked a majority of them. It's called personal preference.

EDIT: Plus, I call BS on that $300 statistic.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Schism1985

Sounds like bandwagon propaganda
Led zeppelin is one of my favorite bands, but believe me its not worth it. Not one penny.

EDIT:
Do you want to sound like jimmy or just have it to have it?

I have a Fender Strat MIM, a Epiphone Firebird, and a Gibson SG

With my Firebird, and my old peavy bandit 65 I can nail pages tone nearly perfect.
Last edited by Littleangus44 at Jan 6, 2010,