I'm looking to buy a new bass, and these are the two basses I'm interested in:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-P-Bass-Special-4-String-Bass-103137113-i1148626.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Elite-4-Bass-484193-i1449470.gc

Note that I play music from Pink Floyd to The Black Dahlia Murder (pretty much all genres).

Also, if possible, is the financing option that is available on sites such as Guitar Center and Music123 worth it? Tell me your opinon.

Thanks =)
The Fender.
I have one, it's great. It's also more versatile and sounds better (imo) than the Schecter.
It will also (probably) be more well made.
I hate Schecter basses, just putting that out there.

I don't know a thing about financing.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by thin air
I'm looking to buy a new bass, and these are the two basses I'm interested in:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-P-Bass-Special-4-String-Bass-103137113-i1148626.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Elite-4-Bass-484193-i1449470.gc

Note that I play music from Pink Floyd to The Black Dahlia Murder (pretty much all genres).

Also, if possible, is the financing option that is available on sites such as Guitar Center and Music123 worth it? Tell me your opinon.

Thanks =)

Those are two radically different basses - you REALLY need to go try them out.

Financing is a scam, but it is a scam you can beat. Either they hit you with a high interest rates, or give you no interest and then hope you miss a payment and whack you with penalties.

So if you can get no interest, and you know you can make all the payments on time, do it. Otherwise avoid it.
Personally I hate fenders, so I would go with the Schecter, but don't limit yourself to those. Keep looking around at music stores untill you find a bass that YOU like. You can be surprised with what you find, I got a warwick corvette(which is amazing imo) just by trying out as much as I can. I never thought i would have one.
Id definitely have to say the fender. i find the schecter bodies feel weird, fender basses just feel comfy
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I'd go fender... since you play a variety of music... it would suit a wider field of genres (in my opinion)... and fender is just... well... fender. lol. you'll save money that way too. if you dont like the way it feels to play you can always check to see if the action can be lowered to your preference. and heck if you decide you dont want it take it back and get the schecter. Fender is one of the most prestigous guitar manufacturers... definately go fender over schecter.
Hm. Yeah I was leaning towards the Fender anyways. Guess there's a reason why SO many people use a Fender too I guess.

As for the financing, yeah, something about it seemed to good to be true.
Quote by jneal1221
Fender is one of the most prestigous guitar manufacturers...

Good thing he's buying a guitar! Oh... wait...

Nobody can answer the question of which bass to buy but you. They're both fine basses, go and play them. Pick whichever one feels and sounds better to you.
I have found that its about how you like them, playability and construction feel in the end. I personally don't like Fenders or anything remotely close to it, not because they're badly made (mostly), but I didn't like how they felt and the overall sound was not what I was looking for (play for a death metal band). I don't know enough about Schecter to say anything other than this bass is on quite a different side of the board. Your looking for two different sounds too though so you want something versatile. Wish I could help more...go play them and as many other basses as you can.
Equip List: MTD Artist 5 fretless, Ampeg SVT 810, GK NEO 410, Behringer BVT5500H, Boss (EQ, LS-2, ChromoTuner, Overdrive)
On financing: I've bought a couple of amps on Guitar Center's 12-month-same-as-cash program, if they offer it on whatever brand you're getting (this changes month-to-month) and you have the discipline (and income) to pay it off in less than a year, it can work to your advantage (it also helps build a solid credit history). Be very careful with this, though.

As for the bass: I think the Fender will be a lot more versatile, but I've played a 5-string Stiletto Elite a lot and you can get a bigger range of sound than you'd think out of it. The feel is completely different, though, so you really need to try both (and others) out.
Quote by MightyAl
Back in my day, the teacher had to come to my tribe's village and inspect my cave-paintings in person.
For some reason, he thought the bison I painted was his mother, and gave me an F.

It wasn't my fault they look so similar.
Don't listen to anything anyone says on here unless it is 'try them both out for yourself and make your own mind up'

Instruments are personal things and only you will know which feels right for you.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I'd say Fender without a doubt, but you need to try them both out.

It rhymes
signature
Fender all the way, but that's my opinion. If I were you, I'd go to a music shop, try both of them out, and then analyze the pros and cons of each, then make your choice.

You can never go wrong with Fender though
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Remember that if and when you trade up the Fender will usualy get you a better deal.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Remember that if and when you trade up the Fender will usualy get you a better deal.

I forgot about that in my comment. This is very true, Fenders have an amazing resale value or however you call it when you sell them.

My grand pa once bought a used one for 570$, sold it for 620$ two years later. A-holeish of him, but just goes to show you that Fenders are easy to sell, and easy to get good deals on them.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Schecters are great, but i'd have to say Fender. They're much more versatile, and it sounds like versatility is what you're after. Like everyone else said though, you should try them both out.
Gear:
Palmer 4-String Electric
Palmer 4-String Acoustic
Orange Terror Bass 500 head
Orange OBC115 cab
M-Audio KeyRig 49