i've been playing electric for 4 years and have used jazz 3's and finally got my first acoustic yesterday. i haven't really put it down yet. however, strumming isn't really comfortable for me because it feels like the pick is hitting the strings a little too hard. i tried loosening my grip and relaxing my hand more, but then the pick just falls out of my hand because i have sweaty hands when i play. what pick do you recommend that i could use that's thin enough to strum without loosening the grip on the pick?
Dunlop Tortex .73's! or maybe a little lighter or heavier. It's all preference, but I have sweaty hands too and they stay in my hand.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Dunlop Tortex .73 sharps!

fix'd! The tortex sharps really work well for strumming.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Really you should stick with the jazz 3s, unless all you play is "strumming chord" songs. Those picks will do wonders for your playing, you have to learn how to use them in all applications, by using bigger picks you are fore fitting the vast knowledge you could gain from jazz 3s
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Dunlop Delrin .71 MM picks are what I mainly use and they are the best ones I have ever played with.
i recently got a planet waves .50 and its perfect balance for me for strumming and single note picking. it do miss how rigid a jazz 3 was for single notes, but it was just making it so hard to strum.

i found the tortex .88 and .60 too stiff for strumming as well.
The best picks for you are the ones that you find most comfortable. Seriously, picks are cheap - try a few out until you find one you like.
Ideally learn to play with a thicker pick strumming. You'll have better control over the sound of the guitar. Otherwise drop to something below .5.
Quote by Mekchrious
Ideally learn to play with a thicker pick strumming. You'll have better control over the sound of the guitar. Otherwise drop to something below .5.

Agree - for both acoustic and electric I use Jim Dunlop nylon 1mm black.

Quite tempted by those sand grip Ibanez jobbies that have come out though