Page 1 of 6
There's a miniscule thread in the metal forum on them, but I figured you guys might like them.

This band is ridiculously good. They're worth checking out for one reason at least: They put out a double disc called The Galilean Satellites where one disc was a mixture of post-rock and hardcore, while the other disc was completely ambient. While each of the discs are completely amazing on their own, they sync together if played simultaneously to create one of the most epic albums I've ever heard.

I will definitely NOT PM you a link to the two separate discs as well as the combination if you ask me. Seriously, I won't. Don't ask me.

Band is insanely fucking intense while being extraordinarily beautiful at the same time. Please, PLEASE do yourself a favour and check them out.

Here's the myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/rosetta
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Jun 23, 2010,
Wake/Lift has been my favorite record the past few months. The entirety of the song Wake kills me every time. excellent thread choice.

I'm ultra-stoked for their new album
Same here.
The Project Mercury split they shared with Balboa was also incredible.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Great band, we talk about them a bit in the Post/Experimental Metal Thread in the metal forum, because all bands that go in there have threads that die really quickly.

Aways, I finally used both my media players to listen to both discs of The Galleian Sattelites at the same time, brilliant, better than some of Neurosis' ambient stuff.
You can find pre-mashed versions of the two discs online.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Definitely did NOT just PM you a link to them
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Expected.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'd really like to check these guys out but my father is currently blaring Bon Jovi , but the idea sounds ****ing genius.
I'm an asshole.
Wake / Lift is great, shame I got into these guys after they did their Australian tour. I'll have to check out this two disc thing as well, sounds really interesting.
These guys are really good and all, but I'm pretty sure I DON'T want a link to their stuff.
Quote by 12shinn21
Wake / Lift is great, shame I got into these guys after they did their Australian tour. I'll have to check out this two disc thing as well, sounds really interesting.

Yeah me too. Apparentley they playd in really small venues in Sydney, doing 2 or 3 shows, and they had quite small crowds. Wish I could've gone though, would've been so cool, I like smaller gigs.
Definitely DON'T check your pm's.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Wow so a friend of mine just played this for me (I THINK HE CHECKS THE FORUMS HERE) and I must say, excellent find. Thank you kind sir.
I sure hope no one sends me a link to that double album.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Check your PM's
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
wow... this is amazing. i definately recommend getting the 2 seperate cd's and listening to them at the same time, but so you still have the seperation and can mix them how you like.
That's pretty amazing stuff. DON'T PM me both CDs seperate and combined. Am I doing it right?

Just in case I'm not send me the cds brah!
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Check your PM's
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
So I ordered the double Lp of the Galliean satellites, can't wait!

Also, while at the record store down town I found a copy of Wake/Lift, and bought it right away. Pretty sweet, unfortunately I was laying down and fell asleep while listening, so I only really heard tracks 1-3 and the last one (7). So it still needs a proper listen, but it's more varied then Satellites.
Yeah, I really enjoy Wake/Lift. TGS is more like one super long, epic song. I've heard each song (according to my iTunes) a minimum of 78 times each, and I have trouble differentiating them.

Wake/Lift is the opposite of that. Both are great though.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I like TGS for "SHELL OF A MAN FORGOTTEN" over and over again....probably my favourite song of theirs.
Okay, so I finally listened to my double Lp...it's all ambient stuff : /
Not that I mind, but I was expecting the actually "songs" too. So where are the songs that I heard on the mashed together version..?
One is nothing but ambient, the other is still ambient, but it's really heavy and has vocals.

Not sure. Maybe you just had different expectations?

I personally don't even really listen to them mashed together, I prefer to listen to them separately.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Well, I'm listening to the combine version you sent to me, and I can here the ambient stuff in the background, as well as the songs over top. But on the Lp it's all ambient, there's distorted vocals for like a minute in one or two songs, but nothing like what's on this combined version. I guess the double disc cd has the full songs, and ambient while the double Lp only has the ambient?
Oh possibly. I have the CD version, so I dunno...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I've procrastinated checking them out for awhile, this is excellent. Right up their with Year Of No Light,OMG and North. So much emotion, i may have to purchase this.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

So album date set for May 25, pretty pumped for it,I listened to Wake/Lift again today, Monument gives me chills from the emotion.
Quote by JxD
I just got into this band. Galilean Satellites is so good; it's like listening to a better Fall of Efrafa.

hey now...

Though I have equal love for both those bands, I have a hard time comparing them. Rosetta is a lot more..."space-y."

I need to get a hold of the songs off of TGS.
check yer pm's
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
thanks but I just ordered the cd off of translation lost records. Soooooo..now I'll have a cd with the full songs, a cd with the ambient stuff, and 2 Lps with the ambient stuff :p

I'm working all weekend, so that's how I justify such over spending.