http://www.myspace.com/nativein

i recently saw this band with la dispute and they killled it. it's post-hardcore/mathy type stuff from Indiana. they have a lot of clean tapping which seems to have led to many comparisons to Minus the Bear, but they've got this unique intensity to them and their new album Wrestling Moves is excellent all the way through. The Reptilian also played with them and they're very similar, so check those guys out as well.
This style is basically what's taking over Western Michigan.
This band is rooted in my hometown and they are definitely more of an indie band than a post hardcore band, but I definitely agree that they are very mathy and the comparisons to MTB make a lot of sense. La Dispute is the shit too; in fact all the bands you saw are just great.
Nikolas
bump

I was just gonna start a thread on them. Remind me of la dispute and Victor! fix the sun. awesome stuff
Really good, I had the chance to get a physical copy of Wrestling Moves but just downloaded it instead...talk about feeling guilty afterwards when I listened to it. Their style is great.
their playign near me in june. I'm gonna try to go, but i think its a house show so that might be hard to convince my parents to let me go
Quote by phoenix_crush
their playign near me in june. I'm gonna try to go, but i think its a house show so that might be hard to convince my parents to let me go

that's why you don't say it's a house show haha, unless your parents will look that much into it.
Quote by aggiefan33
that's why you don't say it's a house show haha, unless your parents will look that much into it.

Yeah I was talking to my friend about it and I'm allowed to go into the city by myself so I'll just make up some bullshit excuse for staying so late

EDIT: nvm, realized its a some club or something. lol
Last edited by phoenix_crush at Apr 19, 2010,