I need to find the perimeter of a triangle given the area, height, and two sides.

It's probably a super simple question/solution, but math in general is not one of my favorite(because I'm no good at it) subjects.

Anyways:
Area=924 sq cm
Height=24 cm
Side 1=40 cm
Side 2=51 cm

Not looking for the answer, just how to do it.

Thanks for any and all help!
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the length of the third side, then add all 3 sides up

I'm assuming the base of the triangle is the side not given, amirite?
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Jan 6, 2010,
U need to see that a triangle is just half of a square or rectangle. Figure the sides of the rectangle that the triangle is cut from and you should be able to be the final side of the triangle.
Draw a line straight down fromthe top angle to the base, creating 2 right triangles. Then, use Pathagoreans theorim to solve for the missing side. (a^2 + b^2 = c^2 when C is the hypotenuse and A and B are the other 2 legs)
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Jan 6, 2010,
Yea the unknown side is the base. I can't believe I forgot about the Pythagorean Theorem but my teacher didn't mention it even though now it makes complete sense. Thanks guys
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Last edited by TheElectricity at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by TheElectricity
Yea the unknown side is the base. I can't believe I for got about the Pythagorean Theorem but my teacher didn't mention it even though now it makes complete sense. Thanks guys

Yup
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Area=(base x height)/2
924=(base x 24)/2
1848=base x 24
base=77

77+51+40=168

Unless I'm completely wrong, you don't need to use Pythagoras at all.
Quote by TheElectricity
Yea the unknown side is the base. I can't believe I for got about the Pythagorean Theorem but my teacher didn't mention it even though now it makes complete sense. Thanks guys

yeah so you'll have to find the missing sides of the 2 smaller triangles that you created to get the entire base length......then obviously add the sides (I hope you knew that last part haha)
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Quote by Doppelgänger
Area=(base x height)/2
924=(base x 24)/2
1848=base x 24
base=77

77+51+40=168

Unless I'm completely wrong, you don't need to use Pythagoras at all.

Oh wait Hes right! This is much quicker (both ways work though). However, the height given must be the lenght from the missing side to the opposite angle.
Quote by sadSTATUE

Quote by Unknown_Biskit