i had a 9v in my tubescreamer that was dying recently, it was nice fat and wooly. almost fuzz like. of course it quickly died all the way, and i had to replace the battery. am i able to somehow use a resistor and potentiometer and my one spot to vary the voltage going to the pedal? i would like to be able to (theoretically) go from 0 to "9 volts." (i put it in quotations because someone once told me 9 volt batteries will often put out a little more than 9 volts.)

thanks for the help guys.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
There is a pedal that can do this, but unfortunately the name escapes me at the moment. I'll do some googling, see if I can remember.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by kurtlives91
Or just put a pot in line (series) with the V+ that goes to your effect. 5K or 10K linear will work well.

bear with me for a minute. you are great with this stuff, and im not so great.

im daisy chaining my pedals. if i drop the voltage to one pedal, would it also drop the voltage to all the pedals after it?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
no, if your using a resistor or a pot the voltage drops over it so the voltage is lower on the one side and remains high on the other.
Quote by jgelderloos
no, if your using a resistor or a pot the voltage drops over it so the voltage is lower on the one side and remains high on the other.

so, no it wont decrease the voltage to the pedals in the daisy chain after it?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
alrighty, thanks for all the help guys!!!!!
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
instead of making a new thread, ill just ask this (unrelated) question here.

i have a fulltone octafuzz. it requires a center positive adaptor, as opposed to the boss style center negative which nearly all pedals require.

to deal with this, i just used the battery clip adaptor with my one spot daisy chain thing. i though this would work fine, seeing as it just connects to the battery terminal. it didnt work actually, made this load pumping/pulsating noise. i unplugged it and tried it again with a battery, luckily the pedal still works.

i also have an anaptor that is supposed to switch the polarity on the plug, but someone on here told me (probably the same person that told me i could use the battery adaptor) that it will also switch the polarity to everything after it in the chain? is that right?

if so, can i just use another polarity switching adaptor after it to bring the polarity back to center negative?

i dont want to have to go out and buy a separate power supply to power this pedal. and im sick of buying new batteries all the time. (i replace them very early generally, just to be sure it doesnt go out in the middle of a show.)
thanks again guys.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
it shouldent effect the whole chain.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
is it just center positive, or is it also a positive ground? a lot of PNP style fuzzes are basicly running off -9V, and the positive terminal is ground. if thats the case, then no, you cannot use it on the same daisy chain. it sounds like that is the case here.
Quote by jof1029
is it just center positive, or is it also a positive ground? a lot of PNP style fuzzes are basicly running off -9V, and the positive terminal is ground. if thats the case, then no, you cannot use it on the same daisy chain. it sounds like that is the case here.

yeah, i talked to the visual sound people and they said that it wont work. ill have to have it on its own wall wart.
the whole point of buying the one spot was to eliminate the need for batteries and other power supplies. that sucks.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.