Hey guys, I'm new to recording and I got a Presonus Inspire 1394 (Mac) for Christmas. I wanna lay down a guitar track tonight but I'd like to do it in sections (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, etc.) I'm just curious as to how I can accomplish this so I don't have to play all the way through and worry about messing up and having to redo the whole thing. Thanks guys.
Read the manual that came with your DAW. Look up 'punch-in' and try that out. Make sure to do everything to a click track, always!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Seriously bro, the info that came with this thing is so unprofessional. All it gives you is assistance on setting it up, installing it, and how to make it record. It doesn't give any further details It's a wicked little device though don't get me wrong, records sooo clear and nice. Not bad for like 200.
What daw did it come with?

edit: just looked it up. Ditch whatever it came with and download reaper. Then read reaper's manual and you'll be good to go!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Cubase LE 4, I like it, it's solid, if I don't use this I'll try to run it through Garageband, but I'm liking this, just can't seem to find the answer to my Q on searches.
Oh, the website didn't mention Cubase. You need to go to their website and download the LE4 instruction manual. Someone linked to it this afternoon in the RTFM thread, so I know it exists and that it's a legit manual.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Okay so after figuring out the difference between manual and automatic punch ins, I've come to the conclusion that manual is better since it actually works. I completed all the steps necessary on the automatic one, I just recorded a section from a song playing and trying to set a punch in spot, and the button said activated but it definitely didn't start recording when it hit that spot. I marker wasn't even laid down ? fml.
Quote by chiplin
Seriously bro, the info that came with this thing is so unprofessional. All it gives you is assistance on setting it up, installing it, and how to make it record. It doesn't give any further details

What other details you need? it's a interface, not a book on recording.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Obviously, but don't you think it'd be more logical to include maybe a skinny manual on certain things ?
That's what the pdf manual on the website is for.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass