what's a good FREE program to record covers?
i tried using the youtube direct one but i think its low quality, may be in my imagination haha but idk
Reaper isn't free, but it's really cheap. Audacity is free, but it's not really suitable for music production at all.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Record your video at the same time that you record audio in the DAW, then sync them up after. That's how everybody with decent quality audio does it!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by User_Name336
reaper is free! what are you talking about man.
paying is optional

Well with that attitude, it won't be free forever. People should really pay for it, because it's dirt cheap and worth every penny (and then some).

I've spent over $700 on my DAW, and I do NOT condone DAW Pirating. VSTs, sure, pirate away because half the time they're grossly overpriced. Reaper? Cough up the $30.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by User_Name336
reaper is free! what are you talking about man.
paying is optional

Not according to the license agreement, using it after the trial period is effectively piracy, in which case you might as well just torrent cubase or something.

Quote by Sid McCall

I've spent over $700 on my DAW, and I do NOT condone DAW Pirating. VSTs, sure, pirate away because half the time they're grossly overpriced. Reaper? Cough up the $30.

Do you have any idea how much work goes into hand coding VSTs?

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Do you have any idea how much work goes into hand coding VSTs?

I'd take that on a case-by-case basis. I don't think that IK deserve the amount they charge for something like Amplitube, because independent programmers offer far superior options for free. That's how I see it, anyway.

To be honest, that was the only VST I was basing my remark on. It's the only one I've ever pirated, everything I own is legitimate.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
jaja you guys discussing free programes!! why dont you go to removed and download everything with its crack?? i have sony acid pro, nuendo, pro tools, never payed a cent jajaja
i cant remember the day i bought a videogame!
im from argentina...
i'll pay when i start recording more seriously. right now, its just being used as a rough draft recording sort of thing. so my band members and i remember what we came up with and to work off it. nothing more. why pay right now if no songs are being put out just yet
Quote by Sid McCall
I'd take that on a case-by-case basis. I don't think that IK deserve the amount they charge for something like Amplitube, because independent programmers offer far superior options for free. That's how I see it, anyway.

To be honest, that was the only VST I was basing my remark on. It's the only one I've ever pirated, everything I own is legitimate.

really? none of the free ones I've seen are that good (yes even the ones that people here cream thier pants over.) the only bad thing I can say about Apmlitube is that it's touchy and easy to get bad sounds out of and that the speaker simulation is sub-par, there can be remedied by tweaking and bypassing the speaker emulation (just put a convolution reverb running a cab impulse right after amplitube in the chain)

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 7, 2010,
There is Sequoia by MAGIX but you have to pay for it... best $2,975 I ever spent.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Get Reaper, use it for 30 days then pay the $60 or whatever the license is. Just don't waste your money on a freaking Xbox game you don't need.

Chrix, I hope you enjoyed your stay :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
lets not encourage piracy please.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Aww, poor ChrixtianB
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by ChrixtianB
jaja you guys discussing free programes!! why dont you go to removed and download everything with its crack?? i have sony acid pro, nuendo, pro tools, never payed a cent jajaja
i cant remember the day i bought a videogame!
im from argentina...

Haha -

"I'm from Argentina,
Here is my home address
Here is my IP address
Here is a list of software I have illegally downloaded
Here is a list of videogames I have illegally downloaded
Is that enough information for you to find me Mr. Bill?"
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?