C4C.

Like another song a have on here, this is meant to be music people could just chill, or even fall asleep to. I'm not finished yet, but let me know what you think so far.

Update: I've kept adding on to it; I could really use opinions on what should stay and go, and what could be improved.

New update: I added an outro, and did a very slight amount of EQing.
Attachments:
Why I Wake Up Every Morning.gp5
Last edited by herby190 at Jan 9, 2010,
first of all id like to say thanks for writing me that bass line! coming in handy.

Great song here, coz lots of feeling there. Quite long and gets repetitive, but that donsnt matter too much when your making a song as laid back as this. I love some of the second guitars harmonies, sometimes sounds great, id maybe put in a proper solo in though too, the song deserves one. Id try to get a bit more variety in the song if your guna have it that long, and maybe turn the drums up. But overall, great song !
Hey man, thanks for your crit

You have some awesome guitar work in there. It just doesn't vary that much, making it a bit boring after a while.

You should add some stings, they would fit perfectly to the charakter of the sound.

The only thing i didn't like where the bass at some points. To aggressive and dominant. Turning it down and turning the drums up helped a lot.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I'm not so sure on the strings; I get what you mean by they'd fit the character, but I don't know if I'd want anything else defining the progression, and that's all that I'm really good at doing with strings.

What are some parts where you'd consider the bass too dominant, and what did you think it sounded better EQ'ed to?
Uh, mosty Theme I, bar 56 and bars 149, 153, around that edge. Just doesn't really fit IMO. But, thats up to you.

For the eqing, i just turned the bass down and the drums up, sounded better to me.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."