So i went to play my Epi Les Paul Special Addition II guitar today and after putting it on i hear something metal hit the floor. so i look down to see what it is and it turns out that both the nut and protection ring had come lose and fallen off the output jack.

If i send it into a store how much would it coast? Would it better to do it myself? and if so wat's the best way to go abt doing this?

please help me figure this out bc its the only guitar i hav and i really want to play
no i'm not just another music obsessed teen. i just believe that music + air = life.
i tried that for like 1/2 an hour and it didn't work
no i'm not just another music obsessed teen. i just believe that music + air = life.
Soloution, Don't By Epiphone Les Paul Specials
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Did you unscrew the whole jack plate from the guitar before you tried to screw it back on?
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
i dnt buy it; it was a b-day gift 3 years ago and this is the only problem it's ever had.
i just dont like those things, they play really weird and just feel cheaply made
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by al112987
Are you kidding me? Screw it back on.

that or new bolt. or it might be the input jack. cheap fix. dont give it to the techs to repair youll get ripped off.
Remove the jack plate first slip on the washers screw on the nut then after tightening the nut re-install the plate. Done! If all else fails ask a friend or family member to help you.This is one of the reasons to do periodic maintenance on your gear that output jack was flapping around long before it fell apart. You just ignored it.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
You can add some clear nail polish or superglue to the thread (just a drop) and that should prevent this from happenign again.
Moving on.....
Quote by Bhaok
Remove the jack plate first slip on the washers screw on the nut then after tightening the nut re-install the plate. Done! If all else fails ask a friend or family member to help you.This is one of the reasons to do periodic maintenance on your gear that output jack was flapping around long before it fell apart. You just ignored it.

A little addition to this, A lot of times when jacks get loose they twist the wires and they frey. get shorted or break if that is OK Take a pair of pliers or appropriate size wrench and tighten it while holding the jack itself. I also would put a drop of clear fingernail polish o the threads and let it dry It works as a form of lok-tite and will help from it loosing up in the future. Put the screws back in and your good to go.

I have seen this happen on every guitar made so it's nothing uncommon and a very easy fix!

John