I was thinking of doing the trade in/trade up at guitar center and I was going to trade a Crate V33 in and I was wondering what a used one would be worth. I know that guitar center will only give me a part of the value but I would like to know so I can try to haggle a bit better.
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
eBay or Craigslist would give a better price. Even an independent guitar store would be better: a GC employee has the "faceless corporation" card that would "make" them offer a stupidly low amount.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jan 7, 2010,
I have tried Craigslist several times to no avail.

ebay then. a way you could do it is look up your amp on ebay and compare prices and conditions of amps listed. you can then best figure out where your amp would fall in the price range
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
I tried ebay to find the value and the only result is for a vinyl cover of the amp lol.

oh, so it would seem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crate-V-3112T-12-Guitar-Amp-30W-Amplifier-Tube-Preamp_W0QQitemZ330387153302QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cec9be196

i don't know if that helps, but it's close to the amp you are trying to sell i'm assuming?

That's close I believe and I did find an extension cab for the combo and it is safe to assume that the actual amp is worth more than the cab? Thanks for the help.

i would imagine the head would be worth more than the cab. logically, the head provides all the power, so it would be the more valuable of the two,especially since people mix and match heads and cabs all the time

Well actually its a 212 combo that I'm selling and what I found is an extension cab for that. You make a very valid point as well.

Its about a year old...its in great shape just needs a new tube and paid $350