Pretty much all my favorite guitarists use Mesa Boogies. But they are just to expensive fir me to get. Are there any amps around $500 that could get me close to that sound?
Blue Red Yellow Green
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
it does depend - are you into Br00tz bands that use Rectumfriers, or Classic Rock Santana Wannabees who use Marks?
The B-52s are passable for Mesa sound, but to me the gain was more 6505-esque. Also look at the Bugera 333XL

Nah, I don't do much br00tal type things. As heavy as I get is Dream Theater. I also do some Andy Timmons type songs.
Blue Red Yellow Green
B52 AT's and most Bugeras are pretty much rectifier clones. I have an AT-112. Its actually too rectifier-y for me.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

^ Most Bugeras are Peavey clones actually. 333 is the XXX, 333XL is the JSX, 6260/6262 are 5150/6505 clones, although the 1990 is a Marshall clone and the V22 is a Fender clone I think, not sure about those.
There is nothing that will get you the Mesa sound aside from an actual Mesa amp. Save up some more and you could get a Mesa Mark III or a DC series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This is less relevant but there's a pedal they used to make called the V-Twin... running one of those through a decent tube amp used to sound VERY Mesa-y and VERY nice. They're discontinued though so you'd have to find a used one, and they're pretty pricey too.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
^ Most Bugeras are Peavey clones actually. 333 is the XXX, 333XL is the JSX, 6260/6262 are 5150/6505 clones, although the 1990 is a Marshall clone and the V22 is a Fender clone I think, not sure about those.

Ahhh. I was under the impression they were Mesa Clones. But an XXX clone you say? I will most definitely check that one out.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by slickerthnsleek
V22 is a Fender clone I think, not sure about those.

I think the V22 sounds more like a Vox...the V55 is very Fender-y though. Not exactly sure what circuits they're emulating. I hope this Matchless clone that was leaked out comes to fruition
I think the V55 is a Bassman clone...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by VanTheKraut
B52 AT's and most Bugeras are pretty much rectifier clones. I have an AT-112. Its actually too rectifier-y for me.

The B52 is not a Mesa clone. They merely slapped the work Rectifier on it and people assumed it was the same thing. The two don't sound alike.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by Raijouta
I think the V55 is a Bassman clone...

I don't even see how that is possible...
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
The other guitarist in my band uses a Bugera 333XL. It will do what FOYSTA wants it to do. John Petrucci tones to Avenged Sevenfold. And it's in the right price range. I don't know anyting about the B-52.
Check out the Peavey Ultra Plus.

Made in the 90's. 3 channels. Great hi gain tones. I picked one up for $350 a few years ago. I miss it.
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
Check out the Peavey Ultra Plus.

Made in the 90's. 3 channels. Great hi gain tones. I picked one up for $350 a few years ago. I miss it.

+1

Although it should sound very similar to the 333 (since the XXX is pretty much an updated Ultra). You can probably find an Ultra used for cheaper than the Bugera...will likely be more reliable as well.
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

Although it should sound very similar to the 333 (since the XXX is pretty much an updated Ultra). You can probably find an Ultra used for cheaper than the Bugera...will likely be more reliable as well.

Yeah, but the 333 doesn't have a logo that changes color!
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
Yeah, but the 333 doesn't have a logo that changes color!

touche
Get a good clean tone and a Barber Dirty Bomb IMO. That nails a lot of the Mesa mark series type sounds. Not so much Dual Rec but I'm not a huge dual rec fan anyway.
B-52s sound nothing like Mesas, neither do Bugeras.

Get a used Mesa F, DC, Studio or Caliber series.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by kyle62
You can comfortably find used Boogies for $500.

Look for the DC-3 or DC-5, Studio/22 Caliber, Nomad, and anything else in that price range.

Excellent advice!

Those Mesa DCs are killer amps!!

I missed the 100 watt head for $400 a couple months ago.
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15