So, I've been playing now for a nit more than a year and I've been tuning my guitar not so much, like only 4-5 times.
And with tuning I mean, like from normal EADGBA to dropped b c or d

Currently I have droppeb b I think (in flames - come clarity tune ) and I was thinking, will my chords broke if I tune it to D#G#C#F#A#D#. (This is what my guitar pro says for the song: Sequioa Throne (I wanna learn some sweeping )
Currently I have (this is what the packet says - of the strings)

ROTO SOUND
12medium heavy
R12
24w
32w
42w
52w

Roto purples lol
nickel electric guitar strings

so, long story short:

will my string broke if I go from #b to #d (i think)

guitar: random lousy williams
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*break not broke lol
o hai
Last edited by mxo at Jan 7, 2010,
argh tried to explain as carefully as i could sorry

so

my guitar , a random williams, tuned atm dropped B (I think, the tune to play come clarity from in flames)

I wanna tune to drop D (i think, the tune is listed #1 post)

sry if was messy
o hai
what you listed in your first post is half-step down. It should work, but your neck will be bent as ****.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by ErnestoFidel
uh how about you just try it and then tell us when youre done

this. and then show us the result
Quote by Zhuriel
what you listed in your first post is half-step down. It should work, but your neck will be bent as ****.

ok so its half step down normal D?

and not sure if its going to bend so much, had it a while back in E tune with same strings

but they're badly set up the string , i did them without knowing what to do

we'll see
o hai
I had my guitar in drop b, tuned it up to E standard
didnt do anything to the guitar, and the strings survived
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Quote by mxo
ok so its half step down normal D?

No, just half step down, or Eb/D# standard.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
I'd be more worried about my guitar neck than some 4 dollar strings.

My guess is the strings won't even break, unless they are on their last leg anyways.
Quote by mxo
like from normal EADGBA

am i the only one who noticed this?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
lol wow... nope didn't notice.

mxo - standard tuning is E A D G B E
Quote by Concat
lol wow... nope didn't notice.

mxo - standard tuning is E A D G B E

oh yeah sorry 'bout that
lol
o hai
Quote by thisdude
am i the only one who noticed this?

no but you mentioned it before i could make a response
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by Zhuriel

Yes, If it's a weak neck.

OP, I use strings close to what you're using. (Hybrid set of 11-52) Don't be afraid to go back up in tune, They really shouldn't break. However, You'll want to look into different methods of stringing up and you should also look into "Tinning" strings. It's something only done to unwound strings and it prolongs the life of them.

But... In case the strings do break you should wear protective glasses or have the guitar turned away from you while stringing up. You don't want to lose an eye.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Yes, If it's a weak neck.

OP, I use strings close to what you're using. (Hybrid set of 11-52) Don't be afraid to go back up in tune, They really shouldn't break. However, You'll want to look into different methods of stringing up and you should also look into "Tinning" strings. It's something only done to unwound strings and it prolongs the life of them.

But... In case the strings do break you should wear protective glasses or have the guitar turned away from you while stringing up. You don't want to lose an eye.

Yeah, I'm probably going to put my leather jacket & sunglasses on while tuning, so I look cool & I'm awesome at the same time
Also I'm safe at the same time, lol
Once popped the last string directly in my hand, hurted.
o hai
By the way, how should I setup AP Tuner 3 for the right settings?
I think Eb3 is the highest string, even if it should show D#5

o.O
o hai
Omg, sorry for spamming this topic, but I got the last question !

What are those ? o.O
The finger you're going to use?
Like, 2 is middle, first is index, etc?
o hai
yeah, 1 index, 2 middle, 3 ring, and the m is the middle of the right hand, with which you tap.
Gear:
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by thisdude
yeah, 1 index, 2 middle, 3 ring, and the m is the middle of the right hand, with which you tap.

i see

so i play them by hitting them?
not with my pick?
o hai
well if you can hold your pick in your middle finger only, then you can hit it with a pick. otherwise, tap like all the people do, with their fingers.
see a tapping video somewhere on youtube.
Gear:
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by thisdude
tap like all the people do, with their fingers.
see a tapping video somewhere on youtube.

Not everyone taps with their fingers. I like pick tapping on the higher frets (~30-36) on my Turbulence because it's easier (because those high frets are so damn close together).
With your tuning, i have a set of 13s in standard. I've had to change intonation and adjust the truss rod but they won't break from going up. Remember, strings are DESIGNED to take standard tuning with breaking easily.
Blinded by the exertions of man
I stumble through the haze of modern malfunctions

Dropping myself into darkness
With your tuning, i have a set of 13s in standard. I've had to change intonation and adjust the truss rod but they won't break from going up. Remember, strings are DESIGNED to take standard tuning with breaking easily.
Blinded by the exertions of man
I stumble through the haze of modern malfunctions

Dropping myself into darkness
Quote by Zhuriel
Not everyone taps with their fingers. I like pick tapping on the higher frets (~30-36) on my Turbulence because it's easier (because those high frets are so damn close together).

well yeah, i guess tapping 30-36 frets is problematic with a pick, though you cant do 8 finger tapping with a pick, so i would suggest to learn tapping with fingers first.
Gear:
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by thisdude
well yeah, i guess tapping 30-36 frets is problematic with a pick, though you cant do 8 finger tapping with a pick, so i would suggest to learn tapping with fingers first.

Yeah, I normally tap with my fingers, I so a bit of 8 finger tapping, but it's just impossible to hit the notes properly that high up the fretboard.
Just start out really slowly.
After you´ve got used to tapping, it´s easy.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER