ALRIGHT PIT i have to write an essay on modern music in the united states and how people react to it and how different personalities are effected by the music they listen to

so pit , my question to you is - Will you give me inspiration ?

i know im going to get searchbar'd

oh and i also have to write a song about how i feel about modern music...... it's quite hilarious so if you want to add some lyrics that would be great
POST RAWK
Emos cry to their music

Metalers headbang

Hip-hoppers bob a bit and grab their testicles

Punk pretend to be individuals to their music

Goths - see above

Classic rock fans don't do much for fear of putting their hip or back out.
Quote by crazywatermelon

Quote by crazywatermelon

Quote by crazywatermelon

Quote by crazywatermelon

you know, you should have used the... ah well you probably get it by now anyway
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by garfgarfgarf
I really don't understand what we're supposed to do here.

sorry bout that

help me write an essay about modern music and the connection between music and your pesonality
POST RAWK
show them pictures of the dude who blew his face away with a shotgun after listening to that song by that metal band

EDIT: so an essay? well forget the pictures then. just write about it
Quote by JackalUK
Emos cry to their music

Metalers headbang

Hip-hoppers bob a bit and grab their testicles

Punk pretend to be individuals to their music

Goths - see above

Classic rock fans don't do much for fear of putting their hip or back out.

we have a winner
POST RAWK
Quote by wizards?
Do your own homework? Sorry, that just seems like the obvious answer to me.

im just intrested as to what the pit would say.........jus' f0r teh lolz
POST RAWK
crab ****ing core man. ****ing crabcore.

btw i read this as "pit do my shit cuz im a lazy ass"
Quote by assbead92
crab ****ing core man. ****ing crabcore.

btw i read this as "pit do my shit cuz im a lazy ass"

you figured me out you little fu cker
POST RAWK
Quote by ThyHorrorCosmic
so basically it's a paper about musical stereotypes?
that should be the easiest paper in the world

This. I wish my essays were this fun/easy...
Metalheads: Think they're music is the best music ever written. Think they're invincible(many at least) especially whenever some br00tal Trivium is playing. (I've never listened to them) For the most part think all other music sucks and have a pre-biased concept of nearly all pop music.

Pop listeners: Tend to be about listening to anything fairly popular.

That's what I got. Not very well thought out.
people think that modern music is

EVIL!!!!!!!

thats all I really can say
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
i refrenced to a 12 year-old girl hopping on a motorcycle and having wild crazy parties all night long and doing drugs and having sex when she listens to metal

pure gold right thar
POST RAWK
Quote by Christian Davis
Metalheads: Think they're music is the best music ever written. Think they're invincible(many at least) especially whenever some br00tal Trivium is playing. (I've never listened to them) For the most part think all other music sucks and have a pre-biased concept of nearly all pop music.

Pop listeners: Tend to be about listening to anything fairly popular.

That's what I got. Not very well thought out.

I'm a metalhead, I don't think all other music sucks but I'll agree that I consider some metal to be among the best music ever written. Trivium ain't br00tal, son, and I ain't invincible. So much for stereotypes, eh?
I saw a dissertation plan poster in one of my sociology modules about about the relationship between masculinity/machoism and heavy metal. Write a little about that. I'm sure there's plenty of sources you can find on the internet about it.

Also, I'm not sure how in depth this essay is, but give Stanley Cohen's 'Outsiders' a read. It discusses and theorises how people who listen to music/wear the same fashion of a particular sub-culture become increasingly stereotypical the more they are 'labelled' (in media etc.), but generally, music is the forthcoming force in this transformation... and stuff.

Or if reeaaally in depth, Georg Simmel's work. Hmm. I dunno how old you are, so can't tell what level of difficulty this essay is o.o
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by nigeltheginger
I'm a metalhead, I don't think all other music sucks but I'll agree that I consider some metal to be among the best music ever written. Trivium ain't br00tal, son, and I ain't invincible. So much for stereotypes, eh?

Yes, so much for them. Stereotypes are not meant to be taken literal. Or neither was my post.
Quote by crazywatermelon
ALRIGHT PIT i have to write an essay on modern music in the united states and how people react to it and how different personalities are effected by the music they listen to

so pit , my question to you is - Will you give me inspiration ?

oh and i also have to write a song about how i feel about modern music...... it's quite hilarious so if you want to add some lyrics that would be great

Like, aggressive people will use aggressive music to channel their aggressivity, younger kids will use music to get a certain standing?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Talonwolf
I saw a dissertation plan poster in one of my sociology modules about about the relationship between masculinity/machoism and heavy metal. Write a little about that. I'm sure there's plenty of sources you can find on the internet about it.

Also, I'm not sure how in depth this essay is, but give Stanley Cohen's 'Outsiders' a read. It discusses and theorises how people who listen to music/wear the same fashion of a particular sub-culture become increasingly stereotypical the more they are 'labelled' (in media etc.), but generally, music is the forthcoming force in this transformation... and stuff.

Or if reeaaally in depth, Georg Simmel's work. Hmm. I dunno how old you are, so can't tell what level of difficulty this essay is o.o

GAAH modern sociology makes me rage often.