Hi we have a music competition which brings lots of high schools in our city. We want to play there but we still couldnt decide on a song. We have to be really fast with choosing and i need some help. We have 2 good guitar players a beginner drummer and bass player and a good female vocal. I thought of Iron Maiden - Rainmaker but maybe i can find some better songs. Style can be metal, power metal but not too heavy like death and black metal. You can also advise melodic rock songs too. The song should be less than 4 mins so take that in mind. Thanks.
A pink floyd song would be cool. Great gig in the sky Haha. Oh wait ... you don't have a key boardist ... Ummm Don't Stop Believing Would probably be done a lot. A queen song would be cool. THe who would be Awesome.
Well its not like asking for a song to learn so i decided it can have a thread on its on. Sorry if i did something wrong.
Quote by szekelymihai
metal with a beginner drummer?you must be joking. Try some classic rock, like Toto...I don't know.
Maiden could do, but still, you might be dragged down by lesser drumming abilities(if he is a noob)

when i said beginner its not like a drummer which has no clue of playing. he can play some normal rhythms decently and since we are not playing something that needs him to blast double bass at 300 bpm there should be no problem.
Why do you think that playing metal will win you a competition? Let's be serious, wouldn't playing modern or classic rock be a much better idea?
Call me Batman.
It doesnt matter for me so suggest me a modern or classic rock song to me. I said metal because i want the guitar parts to be a bit challenging. i dont want to look like a pussy who can only play 3 chords. if you have any ideas a rock song with nice leads and solo would be great.
Nothing else matters, works nice with female vocals and there's wanking too. People know it.

Edit: It's too long, but you could just cut something out.
Last edited by Sicus at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by blind.quardian
It doesnt matter for me so suggest me a modern or classic rock song to me. I said metal because i want the guitar parts to be a bit challenging. i dont want to look like a pussy who can only play 3 chords. if you have any ideas a rock song with nice leads and solo would be great.

I think you should go for something by Zepplin or AC/DC, a band like that, One that people already know.
Call me Batman.