Page 1 of 2
I've been waiting to buy a nw guitar for almost a year and Guitarampkeyboard seeme like one of th best sites out there. After about a week of complications concerning delivery times (They DONT tell you when your items are going to be delivered and they only dliver on a saturday for an extra charge) I finally was able to place an order of my guitar with a few other things. Now bearing in mind that on the page that this guitar is on , it clearly states "In Stock, Next Day Delivery" I thought I was finally safe, having arranged for my friend to house sit tomorow so she can sign for it, only to track th order on their site toay and be told that they were "Out of stock" and I would receive it on the 13th or earlier. They also sent me an order update email that upon closer inspection WAS A COMPLETELY BLANK EMAIL. And they also take days to respond to questions and enquiries. I am so agrivated at this companies complete ineptitude that I am never dealing with them again after I receive my goods, and I advise everyone never to order through them.

Sorry for the rant, anybody else have any stories of crappy companies?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
They also sent me an order update email that upon closer inspection WAS A COMPLETELY BLANK EMAIL.

Just how much closer did you have to inspect?

"Ooh! An email! Now let's take a look.. Yep, everything looks in orde- HEY WAIT A MINUTE."
Yeah, they're a bit hit and miss. My brother ordered a bass a year or 2 ago, they sent him 2 lol.

Saying that, I ordered a SM57 and toneport that got through ok, and their service in the store is great, nice guys.
Oh fuck. I just ordered from them :/

They do tell you the estimated delivery time after you've ordered when you click track packages. But yeah I ordered a guitar and it didn't say out of stock but now it tells me that it is and I have to wait 2 weeks for more to arrive. And yeah I got a blank email from them too.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Gak are truly shit, the same thing happened to me and a friend. If they tell you it will take 2 week they're bullshitting you, they'll put the delivery date back again and again.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Last edited by dan ramP at Jan 7, 2010,
i ordered a zvex fuzz factory off one of the sites recommended on their page. i guess they don't distribute them their selves or didn't when i ordered. i recieved a confirmation and after 3 weeks of waiting i started asking them about it and eventually found that they'd never sent it at all. But they also didn't bill me. i had money back then though and could really use one now and will never have it :/
I've order 2 things my acoustic bass and guitar came within the deliver tiems jsut fine so stop ****ign having a go jsut look at there prices comapred to anyone else's and they have sent everything to all my friends that have ordered from them so give em a break
Quote by uk.mace
Try thomann.de, I think they're probably better and their prices are all from Euros though, so you wanna get in when the pound is high.

+1 Thomann is great.

Some things are cheaper in Thomann than elsewhere and vice versa, but if Thomann have it at the right price then jump on it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I head bad thing about them as well...
thomann.de is supposed to be the greatest...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by josrey
I've order 2 things my acoustic bass and guitar came within the deliver tiems jsut fine so stop ****ign having a go jsut look at there prices comapred to anyone else's and they have sent everything to all my friends that have ordered from them so give em a break

Your post seems to be the first one that doesn't have a bad opinion, so no, I will not stop "having a go". Also, Good spelling is a great plus on the internet
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
i orderd my jackson from them, and i also got a loan from them, on 0% finace, had no probelms what so ever.
Thomann is the best! Have ordered seven times or more there, and customer support on questions is always great (in your own language even!). Also the option to track packages works like a charm. In fact, I'm waiting on two orders right now.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
I ordered a Stagg SW201 in blueburst from gak. after a month of trying to get some info from them, they told me it was damaged in delivery and was the last one in blueburst. i could wait another month if i wanted it in blueburst, or i could have it in a week if i would take natural. i said natural cos i really wasnt that bothered about colour, and it still took a month.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
gak are very hit and miss, sometimes they are great and sometimes awful. I've found it helps if u contact the actual store aswell.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Never had any problems with GAK. I got a free capo from them because of a delay a few years ago.
Waiting for something to come is the sucky part, but it's never come later than a week.
If you order from GAK, RING THEM AND CHECK THAT WHAT YOU WANT IS IN STOCK. If it is, great. If not, go somewhere else because their deliveries of new stock are hopeless.
ye im in the same boat. Orded my wireless system on the 30 dec, delivery date got changed from the 5thjan then to the 7th now theyre sayn its not gunna be here till the 13th whats up with that????
Quote by uk.mace
Try thomann.de, I think they're probably better and their prices are all from Euros though, so you wanna get in when the pound is high.

They are greatness. Especially on European stuff, 'cause its free shipping to the UK, so you can get German stuff without the added value from importing you get in British stores.
Quote by Kozlic
thomann.de is supposed to be the greatest...

Like no one ever was?
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
I've had problems with GAK too.

I ordered the Peavey Vypyr from them straight after Peavey released it. Now I NEEDED this amplifier for a gig (Preferably some time before it so I can get used to it) which was Nov 14th, They said that they could get it to me on nov 5th, which was perfectly fine by me as the amp was in quite high demand. Then, DAYS before nov 5th, the bastards come back to me and say that I won't get it until OCTOBER 23rd.

Needless to say, I cancelled the order and ordered it off of nevada music, and I managed to get it 3 days later.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Don_Humpador

"Ooh! An email! Now let's take a look.. Yep, everything looks in orde- HEY WAIT A MINUTE."

That is amazing

But OT: I thought this was so suprising, I've never had a problem with GAK, ordered a couple of pedals off them and a guitar. Have you got in direct contact with them to sort it? sorry if you said and I missed it
Quote by osXtiger
I've had problems with GAK too.

I ordered the Peavey Vypyr from them straight after Peavey released it. Now I NEEDED this amplifier for a gig (Preferably some time before it so I can get used to it) which was Nov 14th, They said that they could get it to me on nov 5th, which was perfectly fine by me as the amp was in quite high demand. Then, DAYS before nov 5th, the bastards come back to me and say that I won't get it until OCTOBER 23rd.

Needless to say, I cancelled the order and ordered it off of nevada music, and I managed to get it 3 days later.

They were gunna send it back in time?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Thomann is the best site I've dealt with by far. I have nearly bought things from GAK on many occasions, the main one being my acoustic. Found it on Thomann for £50 cheaper and free delivery.
I've had a few problems with GAK before, but they know they stock a lot of stuff and know people will buy from them no matter what. That gives them the 'right' to be dicks sometimes.

Thomann isn't perfect, neither is Music Store or Dolphin Music; they all make mistakes, you have to respect that and appreciate how large their businesses are.

Because of that, I personally prefer to buy from places like Sounds Great Music in Manchester or The Guitar Merchant near London.
Wow. That sucks. I ordered my Cube 60 and a few other things from GAK and my Dad uses it a fair bit and we've never had any problems.
Definitely give them a call, could be some technical problem or something to do with the suppliers. For example, I ordered a couple of CDs from an independent site (whatrecords.co.uk) and they weren't dispatched within two weeks so I called them and it was something to do with EMI moving all their stock to Germany or something.
I couldn't be arsed making up a good username so I used my name and some random numbers.

Gear:
Ibanez JS1200
Yamaha APX700
Roland Cube 60
I've ordered from GAK a couple of times, and it always comes fairly quick. But now I just either go to DV247 or Thomann. I used to go to Dolphin Music, but £7 delivery on a pack of strings? Get out.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Sorry if this is off-topic it's about that thomann. Do they ship to other European countries, or just the ones that you can pick when you enter the site? I couldn't find specifics on their website.
Quote by Don_Humpador

GAK are usually okay, online, IMO. You have the option of cancelling your order if it's out of stock, so you can't complain.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Problems like this are going to be common with big websites but especially GAK I feel as they don't seem to update their website much.
You should always phone up before hand to make sure the website is up to date and the check the availability of the stuff.
I had the same experience with GAK so I cancelled my order and went to gear4music which was cheaper and had a better quality of service.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by josrey

"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I ordered my Les Paul from GAK. First of all they dispatched the guitar and the case as two different packages. This meant that I received the case first, but a week after when it was supposed to come. Then because it was a Friday I waited until the following Wednesday to get the guitar -.-
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
GAK are a bit shit, not that bad though, they do have some great prices sometimes. I always shop at Digital Village though, they're the best and I've never had a problem with them.
Quote by Shinami
Sorry if this is off-topic it's about that thomann. Do they ship to other European countries, or just the ones that you can pick when you enter the site? I couldn't find specifics on their website.
Yes, but you'll have to contact them to ask specifically as you may have to pay quite a bit more for shipping.
Quote by david_safc
GAK are a bit shit, not that bad though, they do have some great prices sometimes. I always shop at Digital Village though, they're the best and I've never had a problem with them.

Digital Village as in DV247? I ordered something from them which said "in stock", and got an email today saying they won't have one till middle January. Which sucks because it was supposed to be for my birthday, which is Sunday.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 2