IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU! Am I the only to notice that Fender has cancelled almost all of the good color options for their American Deluxe Strats?! Please tell me this is a sick joke or a horrible mistake! I've been saving for almost six months now to get a White with Maple neck Fender American Deluxe Strat, and now they've cancelled that and all the other good colors! (Excluding red and sunburst) WHY?!?!?! Why would they do that?! Were the GOOD colors just not selling? Some one please enlighten me!

EDIT:

proof: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101202700#

Old colors: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster?sku=511142 browse through the pictures to see the old colors, but now they only sell those few crap colors that Fender left.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 7, 2010,
NOOOOOOO!!!!!

First option:
Get a MiM, thus getting a better deal.

Second option:
Accuse fender of corporate shitness like the rest of this forum

Third option:
Warmoth, yer lazy ****.

Maybe they want to lose customers and thus losing money?
Maybe fender got stoned again and will correct this problem immediatly.

EDIT: those pearl pickguards look like puke.
And the green.... bleurgh.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Last edited by Dawnwalker at Jan 7, 2010,
Under colours it says Olympic Pearl.. surely thats white ?

Maybe not, I dunno..
get an American Standard
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
and to the guy above me, I might... but I like the S-1 switching, abalone, and the better bridge... so I may get a sunburst... but... the white w. maple is just so sweet!!!

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 9, 2010,
You could probably still get the finish you want because shops won't stop selling them if they have them.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Quote by Mikeyw1233
You could probably still get the finish you want because shops won't stop selling them if they have them.

*sigh* Don't have the money yet. I guess I could try to buy used eventually, but that would be tough and I don't feel very comfortable buying used guitars like I do amps and pedals.

Those are all ugly colors. Seriously. Go to google images to see beautiful Stratocasters. Those just look plain.
I think the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Pickups are a good thing...Lemmie tell you a little story about Samarium Cobalt Magnets....Back when I was a kid, My father & I used to be into Slot Cars & in the Town where we live there's like a shop dedicated to Slot Cars & there's two big tracks there for people to Rent or bring their own Cars & race on...& We'd been doing it for like 6-Months & this one guy who was a WICKED Cheater would always Win (I think the guys name was Bruce or Brian or something like that...) okay, now my father's Day Job, He's an Electrical Engineer with main Experience on Electronics (and in Fixing Vintage Vaccum Tube Guitar Amplifiers, but that's besides the point hahahaha)....So one day my dad came home early from work, & he said to me "I sent [Some Company] a letter requesting an Evaluation Sample of their Super Extremely High-Power Samarium Cobalt Magnets & we're gonna bring these magnets to Paul's Machine Shop, (Paul is his buddy) we're gonna have him cut them so we can put these magnets into a slot car motor & we're going to level the playing field with them"...okay, so his buddy Paul Cut them Small enough & my dad put them into a Black Slot Car Motor Case, the he took the Armature out, He Dyed the Armature with Red Dye, Put that into it, put all the other stuff back in, & then we went down & that Cheater guy was there & my dad goes "Go Hook Up, & Put your new car on the Track" & it was UNREAL!!!, That Slot-Car started going around the Track SO FAST that it like began to drain the power from the track power (they usually power those tracks with DC power from constantly charging Yacht batteries & Stuff) & All the other cars began to Slow Down & There was Mine with a Wing body on it (so it would stay on the track going around the banked corners)... & the guy who was a wicked cheater stood there with his jaw ON THE FLOOR...but the owner of the place made me take it off after like 7 Minutes because it literally was taking up like a good 80% of the track's power...so that Car became little more than a demonstration piece after that...but it got that guy to stop cheating...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Paint is serious business.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Fenders Web Site

Web Instrument Type: Stratocaster®
Model Name: American Deluxe Stratocaster®
Model Number: 010-1200-(Color #) and 010-1202-(Color #)
Series: American Deluxe Series
Colors: (700) 3-Color Sunburst,
(720) Amber,
(723) Olympic Pearl,
(764) Montego Black,
(791) Chrome Silver,

american deluxe's white option is Olympic Pearl, and it's absolutely beautiful, it isnt silver,

its that beautiful Cadillac/Lexus White... mine will be refinished in that color when it gets all beat up

threadstarter, if you want a straight up white strat with a maple neck... get an american standard like mine
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Jan 7, 2010,
f**k fender. all i can recomend to u is by a strat and custom it with a new body and stuff.
They probably weren't selling as well as the other ones.

However, I do quite like those American Specials they've brought out, kinda like the inbetween of a Highway One and an American Standard.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Actually, I do know the story behind this. Or at least, I know the first half, and the second half is what I would take a safe stab at based on what I know.

The Am Deluxes in certain finishes - especially Chrome Silver and Olympic White, though also Montego Black - have been under very heavy demand for a long time now, far more than the sunburst and amber finishes have been. In fact for the last six months or so it's been near impossible to get hold of a Chrome Silver SSS Am Deluxe Strat with a maple fretboard outside of the USA. Fender haven't been keeping up with demand.
On top of this headache for them, there's the simple fact that both Fender and stores make more profit from Am Standard Strats than they do from Am Deluxe Strats. Anyone who's worked in a music store recently and seen the cost of each to buy in knows what I'm talking about. Especially since the amber finishes seem to have sold so poorly, the Am Deluxe series haven't been as hugely profitable for anyone involved.

So, that's what we know for a fact; the 'missing' finishes have been basically all bought up and Fender has little reason to bother making more anyway.

With that in mind, I think we can take an educated stab at figuring out what's goign to happen over the next few months. Fender right now are in the middle of a huge production shake-up it seems. It's to be expected; most companies have new models coming out for 2010 and so for the last couple of months and for the next few months their production is going to shift more towards the new models. What is very likely the case is with this shift, and with the Am Deluxe series being such an oddball seller for Fender, it makes sense for them to not bother making any more Am Deluxe Strats for a while - though they may very well still have high stocks of sunburst and amber versions, hence why those two are still listed.

The upshot is, I wouldn't blame Fender if they said sod it - they'll keep selling whatever left over burst and amber Am Deluxe Strats they have left, other than that they might be done with the series for a while and instead be focusing on their new models. Once things have settled and they've gotten rid of the burst and amber stock, they could then start production on all the Am Deluxe Strats again, this time re-working their production figures to take into account the demand for certain finishes. I would expect to see a price rise on Am Deluxe Strats too if they do bring them back as a full range.

The other thing could be that as before, they've got uneven demand for the finishes and certain ones have sold out, and as such when the new website was made they couldn't legally state they have those colours any more - they could say the guitars were once made in those finishes, but they can't openly advertise those guitars as being around now. When they get around to making more, they could put them back up. Generally though if they were goign to make more at all they would have already done so, so I find it much more likely that they've chosen to cease production for a while.

edit: bear in mind too that this is only the US market. The UK site still lists all colours, as well a sa few other models of guitar that the American site doesn't. This lends further weight to the idea that production might be ceasing for some of these models; the UK distributor might still have plenty sitting in storage so they can still list those while the US distributor is out and has to pull them form the listings.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by Lil Macker
They probably weren't selling as well as the other ones.

However, I do quite like those American Specials they've brought out, kinda like the inbetween of a Highway One and an American Standard.

........ I'm in love!!!! <3 <3
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Jan 7, 2010,
Get an American Deluxe Ash with tobacco sunburst maple fretboard, best looking deluxe guitar

If you don't like ash the I always thought Vintage White was freaking sexy
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood
Martin DC-15E
Peavey ValveKing 112
Ok, the dude with the really long post has really helped out. I'm in the American market of course. It all makes sense now, why it seems that they only left the uglier colors, because they were less popular; however, I don't see why they would stop production or how it would be unprofitable to continue making the finishes that sell better. I'm not sure if I'll save up for the Dlx Ash or go with the Standard though. Or I might just wait and see what happens.

EDIT:

Now I'm almost sure you're right, I distinctly remember them having Candy Apple Red as one of the colors left, and now it's gone too.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 7, 2010,
I think what he is saying is Fender makes alot more money per American Standard vs. American Deluxe, therefore by leaving the coolest deluxe colors out people go to the standards resulting in more profit.
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood
Martin DC-15E
Peavey ValveKing 112
what really pisses me off is they don't make blue strats anymore
Current Gear:
2010 American Fender Stratocaster Deluxe White
Oakridge Resonator
Maton Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic

Peavey Envoy 110(40 watt)
Just get the V Neck. Better feeling neck, and 2 color sunburst >>>> 3 color sunburst. IMO
Don't like V Necks. I might go used and get a sunburst deluxe, maybe.

Also, didn't they raise prices on the Deluxes recently?

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 9, 2010,
Yeah, the prices on Deluxes went up - but then again so did the prices on all their other guitars. Every brand has to do it, the manufacturing costs has increased hugely. A year or so ago the prices of things like tin and zinc had tripled. Wood, especially ash, has skyrocketed. It's going to be this way for the next year or two at least. Funnily enough the only way to ''cure'' it is to start buying more guitars.

And yeah, what I was saying before as TbaLL correctly pointed out was basically, if they stop making the Deluxe models, more people will buy the Standards instead which gives them more money - and with the Am Specials on the way, it makes sense that they'd stop production on Deluxe models and replace that with production of the Specials instead for a while (which you can pretty much guarantee are going to make them even more money than the Am Standards do - Gibson Special and Studio models do the same thing, nets them far more profit than a Standard guitar does). I expect we'll see more Deluxe guitars coming in later in the year but like I said before, it's been nearly impossible to get hold of them in certain finishes in Europe for the last year or so and America is clearly starting to run out too, I don't expect any more to come along any time soon. if you want one and you find anywhere which has the version you want in stock, buy it ASAP because if it goes I doubt you'll get a chance to buy another for at leats six months if not much longer.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Oh jeeze okay. It all makes sense now, especially with the Am Special coming in soon. There are still a couple of online retailers that have a few of the whites in stock, I need to get it FAST! I thought they lowered prices on the Standards? They're 1,000 US on musiciansfriend now.

Also, it could just be that Fender failed to put the model on their site.

I mean, the Standard Tele was ONLY available in left handed version last time I checked the Fender site a week ago, but we all know that's not true
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Duuuuude I didn't know they made strats from mahogany! That's sorta cool. OK, I've found a few online retailers that still have about 2 white with maple fretboard deluxes. No I just have to pull SIXTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS OUTTA MY... my... wallet.

Quote by Simsimius
Also, it could just be that Fender failed to put the model on their site.

I mean, the Standard Tele was ONLY available in left handed version last time I checked the Fender site a week ago, but we all know that's not true

The model IS on their site, they just don't have any in stores

Interesting. I'm actually selling one of the discontinued Am. Deluxes. Fender 60th Anniversary too and mint.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jan 10, 2010,
That Olympic pearl color is nice! I don't like the Amber puke color, I could live with the sunburst.

Best to go with the color you like.
orrrrrrrr, orrrrrrrrrrr you can get a parker
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by boohoo22
That Olympic pearl color is nice! I don't like the Amber puke color, I could live with the sunburst.

Best to go with the color you like.

I agree with this completely. I think I'm just gonna wait a while till I'm ready, then see if I can snag a used sunburst one, or if I can find it, olympic pearl one on ebay.

I was going to say "who cares, they still have white and maple, and that's all that matters".

And now I am soooooo sad.