Hey UG!

I'm looking for a very very very cheap telecaster.. any brand will do (except squier). I'd like to get myself a cheap tele and then customize it myself.. so other color, relic maybe etc. Could anyone suggest me an insane cheap telecaster, that will still feel okay? I'll change the pick ups too so.

Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
here is something to note, from what I have gathered the squire bodies and neck are fine, and that's what most people buy to customize. Its the electronics and the paint job that are sub par. So if you are planning on replacing the electronics and maybe messing around with painting, probably your best bet would be a squire. Just a thought.
To be honest I would have thought that out of the very very very cheap teles the Squier ones would be the best.

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
why no Squiers? Squier has the Classic vibe tele for $350 which is really good. As good as or better than a Fender MIM standard tele.

if u want cheaper, check out Rondomusic.
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Yeah dude get a squier makes much more sense
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
search craigslist in your area...do a telecaster search in the musical instrument section...I found one for $100 and picked it up today...will eventually be doing some mods on it...but plays great as is..
Squiers are excellent guitars for modding jobs, and sometimes you find one that is so good that isn't even worth modding.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Squiers are excellent guitars for modding jobs, and sometimes you find one that is so good that isn't even worth modding.

Yeah i go to college and most of the guitarists there either have modded squier telecasters, or very very nice squier telecasters that are all stock.

And, any cheap telecaster copy will probably be produced alongside squiers in a selection of the same factories, from the same raw materials etc. I know that a lot of squiers are made alongside many of the lower priced ibanez guitars in a factory in indonesia owned by cort. So by eliminating squier you are just making it harder to find the guitar you're looking for just because of what it says on the headstock.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
^Man thats hilarious. A good handful of the people in my program are the same, modded squiers or SX. Myself included although I got one of those fabled "good" squiers so I haven't modded anything.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Yea, I hate to suggest what you have said you don't want...but a used Classic Vibe would be a great guitar well within your price range.

Why do you not want a Squire?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
yeh why not squire? i have a squire tele custom and its great, it was 600 - 700 AUD price range. . . duno how cheap u wana go?
As stated, you can't go wrong with a Squier Classic Vibe Tele. I want one and I've got a couple of higher end Tele's already.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by OldBrownShoe09
search craigslist in your area...do a telecaster search in the musical instrument section...I found one for $100 and picked it up today...will eventually be doing some mods on it...but plays great as is..

Brown, Please don't bump up topics like this when the ts hasn't replied and the topic is two weeks old.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
who cares?...seriously...this is a forum for guitar players not congressmen...people come on these forums to talk not to be constricted into corny rules...
www.rondomusic.com

they have some teles with great sound for very cheap
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!