I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good solos i could learn or any kind of solo piece that could stand on its own. What I mean is that it sounds good without any other instruments. Anything is appreciated, blues, rock, anything. Thank you.
you shook me all night long - acdc, hard to handle - black crowes. their kinda on the easy side tho
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Jan 7, 2010,
Eric Clapton with the Bluesbreaker's version of Hideaway is a good solo blues piece and most of it is one big solo and it's great fun to play.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Quote by tpb_rocpile
I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good solos i could learn or any kind of solo piece that could stand on its own. What I mean is that it sounds good without any other instruments. Anything is appreciated, blues, rock, anything. Thank you.

I played little wing by myself at a talent show and it can stand well on its own. Pretty much any slow henrix/srv type song will work...lenny, little wing, wind cries mary, hey joe, bold as love....same with john mayer. When you get into jazz music almost any song will work. Theres also stuff like Eruption if your into that
lrn2acapella
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
slashes godfather theme sounds pretty good on its own if you can improv well over some of those parts
Before the Beginning - John Frusciante.

9:09 of pure win

EDIT: And Maggot Brain - Funkadelic if you can handle it. Both simalar songs tho.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Last edited by Audioslave95 at Jan 7, 2010,