Page 1 of 2
Today, bcause of all the "snow and ice" (About an inch and a half of snow and fairly little ice) Our school actually locked all the doors once we were all inside, and we weren't allowed out again until th end of the day. Surely this must be a bit questionable?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
What school was that, 'Joseph Fritzl Elementary'?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Just be thankful they didn't turn the gas on. Is your headmaster starting to grow a small moustache and side parting?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
(About an inch and a half of snow and fairly little ice)

An inch?

You got locked inside your school over an inch?!

Last edited by T.s.e at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by faultyy
Just be thankful they didn't turn the gas on. Is your headmaster starting to grow a small moustache and side parting?

Hey, Godwin's Law.

Anyway, I don't think there are any laws against that, though that is surely unorthodox. Google it?
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
It's a fire hazard.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
What the hell kind of pansy place do you live in?

I couldn't bring out my sled in an inch of snow, much less do something that would be considered a safety hazard.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by faultyy

He actually looks like Hitler... what a coincidence.
Yes... an inch, I know. Is that lolstack for me or the school... I wanna lolstack
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Not really. My secondary school didn't let us out at break or lunch when it snowed, they put teachers on guard at every door that leads outside during break and lunch.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Rockingbird
Hey, Godwin's Law.

I didn't know what that was until I googled it, actually I still don't know what it is due to the last 10 hours of working in a call centre impedeing on my brain function and temporarily making me unable to read properly, but I'm assuming I lost some sort of internet game nobody knows the rules to... Feck
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
I didn't know what that was until I googled it, actually I still don't know what it is due to the last 10 hours of working in a call centre impedeing on my brain function and temporarily making me unable to read properly, but I'm assuming I lost some sort of internet game nobody knows the rules to... Feck

As soon as you mention the Nazis or Hitler, or compare something to the Nazis or Hitler, the discussion/argument is over and a new one must begin about something else
I don't live in the U.S but I'm pretty sure that it would be illegal here. Especially over an inch of snow!
It's actually a liability issue rather than a Law. From the second school starts until the moment school the school district (government, private owner ,etc) is responsible for the safety of every student inside that school. If for any reason a student went outside and got hurt they are liable. Most people would exploit this and sue the school for the child getting hurt. It's not really a law, it's just a protection for them. The elementary school I lived by did the same thing a few years ago when we got lots of snow.
That was the perfect chance for each teacher to rape each individual anally, I hope they took that chance.

They probably did it to lock the heat in or something
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by nigeltheginger
As soon as you mention the Nazis or Hitler, or compare something to the Nazis or Hitler, the discussion/argument is over and a new one must begin about something else

If the wiki page had just said that I'd have wasted less of my life attempting to read it. I vote that you should now dedicate your life to simplifying everything on Wikipedia in to single, to the point sentences. I'll vote that somebody else should build a church in your honour if you do

Yeah we would have been able to leave in an emergency...
Godwins law:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Inch of snow? Psh that is shorts and a t-shirt weather.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Today... our music teacher dared my friend to put a huge dead spider on his tongue and HE DID IT! That was off topic, put I felt you needed to know.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
We were issued 'severe weather guidelines' at work today, basically we get half a day free if we genuinely can't make it in and the rest comes out your flex hours or annual leave.

Obviously my company are determined not to lose their portion of the millions this shitty weather is costing our economy.
Quote by ProphetToJables
Today... our music teacher dared my friend to put a huge dead spider on his tongue and HE DID IT! That was off topic, put I felt you needed to know.

... thank you, i did.

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I'm sure health and safety inspectors would have a field day with it, if that answers your question.
Definitely a health and safety hazard. The Stardust incident in Ireland (in which my Aunt nearly died) where they locked the doors to a nightclub, which then caught fire and resulted in nearly 50 deaths, springs to mind.

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My view of the entire situation is that you need to stop bitching about your problems to people who really don't care.

Do you see how trivial this whole thread is? It screams of teen angst and immaturity.
You are a child, those who made the decision are in a position of power because they earned it and they are technically your guardians throughout the school day.
You have no say in the matter, and it's entirely legal.
Quote by Casketcreep
My view of the entire situation is that you need to stop bitching about your problems to people who really don't care.

Do you see how trivial this whole thread is? It screams of teen angst and immaturity.
You are a child, those who made the decision are in a position of power because they earned it and they are technically your guardians throughout the school day.
You have no say in the matter, and it's entirely legal.

You can't seriously be trying to claim The Pit should be used for serious scientific debate.
No it's not illegal, they didn't want some idiot getting hurt and sueing the school.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Stormx
You can't seriously be trying to claim The Pit should be used for serious scientific debate.

I don't think I even gestured towards anything remotely resembling that. Did you get bored reading what I said and make up your own version?

I do realise that half of the pit are 14 year old wankers, but that's no reason for the other 50% not to make an effort.
Happens quite a bit over here in Bristol, to keep heat in and people weren't allowed home after it got freezing because was to cold to walk home or go outside, people had to ring parents and not step outside. Kinda makes sense, the spaz crew could have wondered outside and perished in a blizzard after saying "I'm going out and may be some time " *dribbledribble* *knucklescrape*
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Jesus Christ, your school is ran by a bunch of pansies. My school(in south Saskatchewan, where I live now) doesn't close when it hits -40 celsius. Theres a meter of snow outside. Holy hells, an inch? I'm mad now.
This depends on your state, but there may be legal remedy for what happened.

A plaintiff can allege false imprisonment when the defendant intentionally (knowingly and willfully) attempted to confine and in fact did confine the plaintiff within boundaries set by the defendant and the plaintiff was aware of the confinement or harmed by it. The doctrine allows for a civil remedy.

The problem is that you may have given up your rights as you are a minor and the school sits in loco parentis. You would probably have to show the schools' gross abuse of those rights, which is unlikely.

Either way, this was a stupid move on the part of your school, as they are just as likely to be sued for false imprisonment as they are for negligence in releasing you under snowy conditions, regardless of the outcome of the suits.

Given that I'm late in responding, you're probably barred by a statute of limitations (depending on your state). Fun exercise, though.

[edit] I misread the date of the post. You're probably not barred by the statute of limitations.

[edit] I also misread your location, but the same principles likely apply. I don't know the details, though.
Last edited by Yenko38 at Apr 7, 2010,
Page 1 of 2