aee whats up. ive been playin a electric guitar for four years now. i can kik out a mean solo wen im in a good mood.im getting better slowly and im looken to get to the top. it would be awsome if i had a band that is at my level. im 16 and a female(for anyone that cares). im looken to play practically every music style. not rap and that kind of music though. i want a band that dosen't have one song that sounds like another. i want to play rock, metal,hardrock,screamo,romantic,country,techno,disco and stuff. im looken for a bass player
drummer
and mabey a rythem guitar
and a singer with a unique voice
and no one over the age of 20, no drugies, no drinkers, no smokers,
i thank you
Last edited by peglegg at Jan 13, 2010,
where are you from..?
Gear:
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ovation Celebrity CSE24
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Line 6 Spider III 50 Watt
(working on getting rid of these amps...)
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR fullbore metal
Location?

Also, one thing you may want to do is better aim and clean up your advertisements...your advertising yourself as well as advertising to find fellow musicians. Spelling, correct grammar, punctuation, etc will go a long way to show that you are serious about this endeavor and you will attract better prospects. You also will want to define what you personally want and be sure to state that in your ads, this will help narrow the search to a more realistic possibility.
Equip List: MTD Artist 5 fretless, Ampeg SVT 810, GK NEO 410, Behringer BVT5500H, Boss (EQ, LS-2, ChromoTuner, Overdrive)
Quote by LicenseToPunk
I play bass and im pretty good at it lol

cool, you wanna start a band
Quote by peglegg
and no one over the age of 18, no drugies, no drinkers, no smokers, no emo's(i dnt like ppl that cut themselves) and no one with a bad temper, no one whos always depressed

No musicians then? Lol...

Seriously though, you say you don't want emos but state you want to play some Screamo, a derivative of that genre...and then throw generic statements out...good luck to you, rofl
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
lol no drinkers or druggies

your going to get a band of 13 year old straight edge kids who get driven to the gigs because their mommy's are to scared

just because some one uses drugs or has a drink on the week end does not make them bad
Last edited by zstuchalot at Jan 11, 2010,
i no i just dont want ppl who have alchohol prablems cause if were playen a gig and they r drunk i dont want them to screw up the rest of the band. same with the drugies. im searious about wanten a band. if you look back on bands that were blowen there brains out then and you see them now they regret every second of smoken that junk. i wanna have a clean and SUCCESFULL band.
Try using some half decent spelling and seriousy, youll have more luck
I can see where you're coming from, but you're being way to general, it's a fact that most (not all) musicians do drink, do smoke and do take drugs, but I've been in 3 or 4 different gigging bands, and never have any of us let any of that get in the way of shows and stuff. That's just not how it happens.

I may be coming across as a bit harsh here, but if this is your first band, and at your age the chances of this being serious and "making it" as it were are minimal, find some good friends who share the same passion for music that you do, and form a band that way. If non of them play, there's a perfect chance for you to help them out and connect you know? Whatever, best of luck to you, but if you are serious, show it
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Try using some half decent spelling and seriousy, youll have more luck
I can see where you're coming from, but you're being way to general, it's a fact that most (not all) musicians do drink, do smoke and do take drugs, but I've been in 3 or 4 different gigging bands, and never have any of us let any of that get in the way of shows and stuff. That's just not how it happens.

I may be coming across as a bit harsh here, but if this is your first band, and at your age the chances of this being serious and "making it" as it were are minimal, find some good friends who share the same passion for music that you do, and form a band that way. If non of them play, there's a perfect chance for you to help them out and connect you know? Whatever, best of luck to you, but if you are serious, show it

im being very searious about wanting a band. i just write stuff that isn't spelled right because i text alot and im used to it. i just want something different. i don't want to have a band that does that kind of stuff because i would be a hypocrit. i also kind of look down upon those kind of people. i think there are some people out there who aren't dope heads because thats how i am. i dress like a burnout, i have a wacky hairstyle, i love all the types of music even screamo and im am far from being emo. im not like this to try to be cool, im like this cause this is how i am, and i think i can find some people who are as comitted and as clean as me and who are proud to be how they are.
Quote by zstuchalot
lol no drinkers or druggies

your going to get a band of 13 year old straight edge kids who get driven to the gigs because their mommy's are to scared

just because some one uses drugs or has a drink on the week end does not make them bad

im not saying their bad im just saying that i don't want those kind of people in my band. i think there are some people out their who are smart enough to not blow their brains out.
Good luck with your band endeavor. In all honesty I don't believe you could be serious about finding a band because you advertise you are a female (I don't believe it is important enough to be the headline of the ad).
Also, that you don't want people over the age of 18, personally I enjoy jamming and playing in bands with people who are better than I am, as it makes me better. Those people more than not happen to be older than I.
Possibly, you should think about that.
Again, best of luck with your band.
Quote by Ciaphas
Good luck with your band endeavor. In all honesty I don't believe you could be serious about finding a band because you advertise you are a female (I don't believe it is important enough to be the headline of the ad).
Also, that you don't want people over the age of 18, personally I enjoy jamming and playing in bands with people who are better than I am, as it makes me better. Those people more than not happen to be older than I.
Possibly, you should think about that.
Again, best of luck with your band.

i just dont want any oldies coming around to try out for a teenage band. otherwise i really dont care i just wanted to put that out there. and i say im a female because of other people who might wanna know. like if anyone wants an all girl band or whatever. and yea i love to learn from older people, they know more and can show cool techniques. i look at that as an advantage, just knowing that someday i will hopefully be that good you know?
Quote by The Arsis
I'm sorry but to be honest, you kinda sound like a pretentious tool. Everything you're saying is an extremely turn off and does not make you out in a good light TS.

alright whatever. but i just want somethin different. i dont see what is wrong with that.
wow, do I feel old...this thread is going no where
Equip List: MTD Artist 5 fretless, Ampeg SVT 810, GK NEO 410, Behringer BVT5500H, Boss (EQ, LS-2, ChromoTuner, Overdrive)
Damn, to bad you weren't a little closer
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
i only wrote female for anyone who might want to know. im just sayen this in case any of you got the wrong idea
Quote by peglegg
i only wrote female for anyone who might want to know. im just sayen this in case any of you got the wrong idea

elaborate on wrong idea
Quote by Puddin'
elaborate on wrong idea

people think that i want attention and that i write female to get more views. i only wrote female for anyone who cares
yeah, ill play with you.
oh wait, i had a shot of vodka last night...
damn, :/ lol, well, good luck with that, try a church or something haha
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Wow, I never expected the pit to show up in the musician ads, WTF is wrong with Ya'll? She is looking for a band, and she is a girl, is that such a big ****ing deal?

TS, I advise you make another thread, without the word "Female" in the title, put that information in your post, and try this again. Contact a mod and have them delete this thread.
Leave the girl alone. She is obviously in a learning stage and her first add for a band gets her slated like this!!

I hope you get jamming with some new friends soon Peglegg
I dont see anythign wrong with what this girl is asking for. get off her backs guys, and by no drinkers i think she means more people who love to get drunk pretty much everyday. I dont blame her, i got good friends of mine who are ****s ups now because of drink and drugs, it doesnt make them bad , but i would'nt relly on them.

However age should not be a limit, I also do see why she stated she was a girl, i have turned up expecting someone different and it turns out to be a girl, nothing wrong with that its just not unexpected that what
Spector legend 4 or

Ibanez btb500+? or SRX 500+?
PM me and help a fellow bassist with a guitar choice
I felt incredibly insulted by this thread even though I'm not over 18, I'm not a druggie, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I'm not emo, I don't have a temper, and I'm not always depressed.

That's pretty hard to do.
Wow why are you so harsh to her? I mean I would love to make a band with you but yano, you're too far away. You sound pretty cool too Maybe some of you could help her rather than call her names and being all uptight about it.
Quote by LedZep9626
Wow why are you so harsh to her? I mean I would love to make a band with you but yano, you're too far away. You sound pretty cool too Maybe some of you could help her rather than call her names and being all uptight about it.

Because the thread reeks of pretentiousness?
Quote by Kwonnie
Because the thread reeks of pretentiousness?

Wow what's wrong with people now. Can't you speak plain English? I mean wtf is pretentiousness? Get a life
Quote by DAZ-IBANEZJS700
Leave the girl alone. She is obviously in a learning stage and her first add for a band gets her slated like this!!

I hope you get jamming with some new friends soon Peglegg

thankyou. its a bout time i see some nice messages
Quote by peglegg
aee whats up. ive been playin a electric guitar for four years now. i can kik out a mean solo wen im in a good mood.im getting better slowly and im looken to get to the top. it would be awsome if i had a band that is at my level. im 16 and a female(for anyone that cares). im looken to play practically every music style. not rap and that kind of music though. i want a band that dosen't have one song that sounds like another. i want to play rock, metal,hardrock,screamo,romantic,country,techno,disco and stuff. im looken for a bass player
drummer
and mabey a rythem guitar
and a singer with a unique voice
and no one over the age of 20, no drugies, no drinkers, no smokers,
i thank you

hey, i know this post is a little old but, if you are still looking for a singer for your band, well i've been told i can sing pretty good & i've been wanting to join a band for a pretty long time as well. i'm 16 & i also live in racine wisconsin. i'm interested in your band =] get back to me please? =]