I would like to practice arpeggios, and I've recently learned how to play this:

It was a lot of fun and I'd like you fellows to recommend some more arpeggios (something similar to what I've posted?) for me to learn. I'm interested in improving my chord-to-chord placement as well as picking. If you guys wouldn't mind providing a link to the song's tab, that would be lovely.

Thanks, UG - you guys are awesome!
^I don't think he wants sweep picked arpeggios. seeing that he has just learnt to play arpeggios in 8th notes that all the notes are being left ringing as long as possible.

TS, my maind is unfortunatly blank at the minute for specific songs, but I suggest you read up on "diatonic arpeggios" as, if you were to write something yourself, it wouldn't really sound "wrong".
Quote by MapOfYourHead
^I don't think he wants sweep picked arpeggios. seeing that he has just learnt to play arpeggios in 8th notes that all the notes are being left ringing as long as possible.

TS, my maind is unfortunatly blank at the minute for specific songs, but I suggest you read up on "diatonic arpeggios" as, if you were to write something yourself, it wouldn't really sound "wrong".

I didn't just learn how to play arpeggios in 8ths, but you are correct in saying I'm not interested in learning sweeps right now. That's quite a few steps away from where I'm at. Thanks, though!
House of the Rising Sun
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Arpeggios are just chords, so learn how to construct chords.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by btsgreg
I didn't just learn how to play arpeggios in 8ths, but you are correct in saying I'm not interested in learning sweeps right now. That's quite a few steps away from where I'm at. Thanks, though!

I didn't mean to sound like an ass, I was just simplifying in order to compare sweep picking to what you are looking for.
Quote by diofan88
House of the Rising Sun

+1

This is the perfect song for beginning arpeggios. It's just basic open chords
A lot of red hot chillies stuff uses arpeggios - the start of under the bridge is based on arps, snow (hey oh) is basically a bunch of triads and their inversions.

Every Breath You Take by the Police is a bunch of add9 arps too - great for stretching your fretting hand

Also - try writing your own stuff. Come up with a chord progression you like, then write a melody over it by arpeggiating the chords. You'll learn loads and have fun - and you'll get a song out of it!
Quote by MapOfYourHead
I didn't mean to sound like an ass, I was just simplifying in order to compare sweep picking to what you are looking for.

Alright, no worries, man!

Quote by FallenFate
if you are just looking for some arpeggios to play try looking at this UG lesson on them, it covers a few different ones
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_the_entire_arpeggio.html

Ah, what a great lesson! Thank you.

Quote by zhilla
A lot of red hot chillies stuff uses arpeggios - the start of under the bridge is based on arps, snow (hey oh) is basically a bunch of triads and their inversions.
Every Breath You Take by the Police is a bunch of add9 arps too - great for stretching your fretting hand
Also - try writing your own stuff. Come up with a chord progression you like, then write a melody over it by arpeggiating the chords. You'll learn loads and have fun - and you'll get a song out of it!

Great advice, man! Thank you so much for your reply!
dude anything by yngwee malmenstin is perfect for learning sweeps, like far beyond the sun or black star
What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong is similar to what you posted
1. Memorize all the notes on the fretboard.
2. Learn chord construction.
3. You now know every arpeggio.
Take some chords. Arpeggiate them.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.