Hello guys, I am looking to trade up to a Gibson anyone have any ideas on what guitar center or similar store would give me for an epiphone les paul 100 (minor scratches on finish, still plays great all hardware in great condition) and a digitech rp-255 towards the new guitar?
not much. they'll normally give you half of what the guitar is going for you new.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
not much. they'll normally give you half of what the guitar is going for you new.

Not even that unless you're really lucky. They'll resell it for about half of what the guitar is going for new, they'll buy it for about half of that. Only sell to a store if you're really really REALLY desperate for money. I tried to unload my Bandit on them and they offered 50 bucks. That's a 400 dollar amp new, and even though I had a much older version, that's pretty damn low.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
you won't get much seeing as they're pretty cheap gear, you could probably get about $200-$250 through craigslist but you would have to split them up
Quote by randomhero93

yeah in my experience they whack you for about that at least, and a lot of shops wont even touch some gear if they need to do any work on it at all.
take off 50% from new cost minus an additional 20% off that.

lp 100 = $300- 50% = 150 -20% = $120.

digitech= $150-50% = 75 - 20% = $60.

~$180 for trade in. probably a little less because they see these brands all day.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011