Hey,

Im considering buying the new behringer V-amp 3 but I can hardly find anything about it on the internet. Does anyone here have experience with this effect unit? How does it compare to V-amp 2 or Pod 2/3? And does it come with a bag+footswitch+adapter like the V-amp 2?
If its anything like the other V-amp...its going to be worth its weight in shit as far as tone goes...I like some Behringer stuff...but the v-amp series is not part of that group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CUC97Wqh4
might be an improvement over the older ones...but it still sounds harsh to me, even after he turned the treble down. Clean sounded OK...crunch = Can't really trust videos though.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 7, 2010,
Check "Harmony Central". They should have some sort of review. I had the V-amp2, and owned it for two years. It always served me well. I think of it as a poor-man's POD. I hope this helps you a little.
I bought a V-AMP3 and am very glad I did. It seems like a slightly improved V-AMP2. No bag or foot-pedal. But they add a UCA222 for connecting to computer for recording with the supplied Energy XT 2.5 software.
The multi-language instruction sheet provided is way to brief, but a better user manual is a free download from the Behringer/product/v-amp3 website.
Maybe other products can do similar things, but the main competitor is six times the price!

Anyone who can't get great tones with a V-AMP3 hasn't really tried. The main limitation is just your own imagination. When Behringer release a rack version I'll get one of those as well.
They're not as bad as most make the V-Amp's out to be. The effects aren't that great, but a lot of the amp models are usable with some tweaking. You could always pick up a used Pod around the price of a new V-Amp3.