Hello GG&A, I haven't posted here in quite sometime because I've found constantly talking and reading about gear to be servely detrimental to my bank account, but I need some help on this one.

I play a Traynor YCV80, love it. My only complaint is compared my bandmates Rocker 30 and Avatar Contemp. 212 my drive channel leaves a bit to be desired. It lacks some of the punch his tone has and ends up sound a little on the thin side as a result.

I now run a Stilleto 212 as an extenion cab which has given it a bit more meat but the big addition to my tone was replacing my old Bad Monkey with a Fulltone Fulldrive 2.

Simply put, the pedal is delicous. My tone is right where I want it now. My problem is the pedal sounds too good, I never want to turn it off. It went from my OD to a always on (aside from a couple of punk songs I like the thinner sound for.)

So here's the problem, everytime I was to switch from clean to dirty (or vice versa) it's two button pushes. Even with them close together on my board it's a rather akward thing and makes my changes sloppy sounding.

I've tried to use just the Fulltone and not use the drive channel on the amp at all, but I can't get the same results.

The question then, is there a way to run the footswitch and the Fulltone through some sort of A/B, Looper ect swith to turn off and on together?

I'm not hopeful as the footswitch, obviously, runs to a different input and uses a different cable (TRS) than the Fulltone, but I figured it can't hurt to ask right?

Anything from here perhaps?

Thanks, as always, for the help.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
I'd try to find someone to make one for you. Someone like Mathamology. He made a footswitch recently. Assuming the amp takes a latching type footswitch it might be possible to make a latching footswitch that also engages a loop where your Fulltone would be sitting already turned on.

The stuff in your link and a place like Tonebone.com probably has something as well, but a quick glance didn't give me what I was looking for.
The problem with hitting them at the same time is the buttons are like this, left to right; Amp Channel Select - Amp Boost Stage - Fulltone On/Off - Fullton Boost Stage like this: - - - -

Point being, I can't step on the the on/off of the fulltone without hitting the Boost Stage On/Off of the Amp, which is not good stacked with the pedal.

Edit: Thanks for the tip 311
you could try turning the od off and just rolling back on your pickup volume, i did that alot when my midi system was down and i was using a pedalboard again, made it pretty simple, hit effect roll off volume
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Is it too hard to press both at the same time? Create a wooden plank that can sit on both switches and hit both of them if you stomp in the middle.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Take pics, I don't get it.

It's like this:

There's no way for me to step on both at the same time without also stepping on the Boost stage switch for the amp and the Boost stage + Fulltone sounds yuck :<
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^switch positions of the pedals

forsaknazrael knows a lot about pedals so if he didn't plus 1 my idea then it probably can't be done

Same problem only with the Fulltone's boost stage :<

I'd pop the footswitch open and reverse the switches.

That is a most excellent idea.
turn the fulltone off half a bar early

i mean if you just do the switching on the beat it might sound off for a second, but if done in rhythm people wont notice too much.

or, depending on what kind of footswitch is used in the amp switcher, it could be really easy to put in a new switch with more poles. extra poles would then be used for a bypass loop to stick the fulltone in. just depends what kind of switching is in there now.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Or flip the amp's switcher around so it's vertical? I do this all the time, to make my pedals's orientation easier to use.

Ah this is also a good idea.

turn the fulltone off half a bar early

I normally do, going dirty -> clean usually isn't too bad, it's dropping back in. Certain parts kind of lose thier punch I feel when I have to do it the way I am now.

or, depending on what kind of footswitch is used in the amp switcher, it could be really easy to put in a new switch with more poles. extra poles would then be used for a bypass loop to stick the fulltone in. just depends what kind of switching is in there now.

I don't know much about the electronics, I e-mailed Traynor and asked for a schematic though. I have a couple of friends who are pretty handy with a soldering iron so this could be a solution as well.

Maybe if they get back to me I'll post in GB&C and ask about this though.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
You could install an effects loop into your footswitch, so that when the channel is changed, the guitar signal is routed through to the fulltone. The downside is that you can then only use the fulltone on that channel, unless you're willing to re-route signal paths during gigs.

It's a pretty simple job if you fancy doing it. I've made one for my Peavey VK, with a loop for both the clean channel and the dirt channel.
It's an old pic I made btw, ignore TS7.

It's a beautiful piece of art, rivaled only by my diagram above.
Im sure you could do this with a 4pdt switch in your footswitch. Just pop the switch in and add a true bypass looper... Providing you can operate a soldering iron and dont mind drilling your footswitch or rehousing it. Or just building a new one.

Yes my MSpaint skills are imense, and i half stole the pic from HC.
I should change the title to: sweet mspaint diagrams
You're right actually, i've smoked/drank/ate too much.

Drop the green wire and use 3pdt. I forgot to take it out when I got rid of the LED shizz.
mathamology making us all look bad
So just to wrap my head around this. Building that circuit would allow me to run the Fulltone through my footswitch like an effects loop so I would leave it on at all times and the switch would both change the channel on my amp AND turn off the effects loop?
Awesome, thank you so very much.

Also, make a wish!