First off, is this to low for my BKP Warpig in your opinion?

Now for the neck bow. Alright I am receiving some fret buzz all around the fretboard from fret 1 to 24. (This thing hasn't been setup in years.) It is predominately around 8-14 fret which from what I can tell is where the neck bow is at it's peak.

I put a capo on the first set of frets and pushed down on the 24st fret. Then i measured the distance from the Low E string to the fretboard. It's exactly .351mm apart from each other. It's not a lot at all but is this average or should it be bowed more? I mean just looking at it I can see the bow but I can't really tell how predominant it is.

Can anyone help?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jan 7, 2010,
Lay a long straight edge along your neck to see how much your neck is bowed. You should probably just take it to a shop anyway and get them to set it up for you, It could also need a refret, but its hard to tell from here.

For the pickups, adjust the height of the pickups until they sound the best to you. It doesn't matter how high they are, as long as they sound right to you.
Quote by kylendm
I put a capo on the first set of frets and pushed down on the 24st fret. Then i measured the distance from the Low E string to the fretboard. It's exactly .351mm apart from each other. It's not a lot at all but is this average or should it be bowed more? I mean just looking at it I can see the bow but I can't really tell how predominant it is.

Can anyone help?
You almost have this process right. Capo at the first, press the string against the last fret. Then measure the distance between the string and the top of the fret at the largest gap. This should be around the 8th fret. If you're measuring .351mm, to the board, you probably don't have enough relief in your neck.

Typical relief is about .20mm to .30mm.
Again, this is between the top of the fret and the string.

Typical action measure at the 17th fret (with no capo or fretting of the string) should be about 1.5~2mm. Once again, top of the fret to the string.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I measured the bottom on the string to the top of the fret on the 12th fret.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Yeah but it's weird because it almost seems like the neck pickup is louder that's why I lowered the neck so low.

BTW at the 8th fret it's .381mm from bottom of the string to the top of the 8th fret.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by kylendm
Yeah but it's weird because it almost seems like the neck pickup is louder that's why I lowered the neck so low.

BTW at the 8th fret it's .381mm from bottom of the string to the top of the 8th fret.
That's more relief than necessary, really. You should probably tighten the trussrod a little. Get your relief down to about .25mm. Then adjust the action. If you take relief out by your trussrod adjustment, your action will drop. You'll need to raise the bridge saddles.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The pickup looks OK to me, but your trem isnt level. Ibanez trems (well, the Edge and LoPro) have an angled top on the trem, but the knife edges are parallel to the bottom of the plate, not the top. The little rectangles you can see on the sides should be parallel with the body, not the top of the trem.
Wow thanks for that ^. That actually reduced a lot of buzzing but now my action is a little to high. I went to lower it and once again. Buzz Buzz...
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm

Sounds like everything is working as it should. The strings ring more freely as you approach the middle of the length of the string.
This is why many choose to put high output pickups in the bridge, since the strings are tighter there and don't pick up as well.