Hey everyone!

I recently acquired my first wah pedal, an EVH signature by Dunlop. I noticed that whenever it's in my short little chain, it causes a lot of static to come from my amp. I was wondering if there's a solution to this. Here's my chain:

Guitar>Wah>Digitech RP150>Line 6 Spider III 15

I checked all the cables too, so that's not the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
how are u powering it?

if it with an adaptor it could be that, try just powering it with a battery?

hth
my lord.
i've been trying to figure this out for weeks.
you, my friend, are a genius.
thank you so much!
Quote by wozzsta
how are u powering it?

if it with an adaptor it could be that, try just powering it with a battery?

hth

nice call

my wah used to pick up radio stations when it was toe down...I bought a separate power adapter just for it (i.e. took it out of my daisy chain) and I haven't had a noise problem with it since.
I'm experiencing the same thing with my wah whether i use a battery or a power supply.
My signal is Guitar > Fender PT-10 > Digitech Whammy DT > Dunlop 353q wah > Ditto looper > Amp
I've tried powering all the pedals with a visual sound 1 spot (except for the whammy being it takes 18 volts) and with the wah running on a battery. the wah keeps making lots of static whichever method i use.
Quote by g_bedoya
I'm experiencing the same thing with my wah whether i use a battery or a power supply.
My signal is Guitar > Fender PT-10 > Digitech Whammy DT > Dunlop 353q wah > Ditto looper > Amp
I've tried powering all the pedals with a visual sound 1 spot (except for the whammy being it takes 18 volts) and with the wah running on a battery. the wah keeps making lots of static whichever method i use.

could be the pot when they get worn they get what's called scratchy and will sound staticy
Quote by monwobobbo
could be the pot when they get worn they get what's called scratchy and will sound staticy

+1 and this thread is six years old. don't necrobump.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/