has anyone got that gibson ES 335 guitar? nice sound yea with that. i had a shock when i asked matey how much for that he said 1700 lol is there a copy guitar out there thats a bit cheaper? thanks.
i have an epiphone dot (the epi equivalent to the es335) and it's fantastic. i believe they sell for about 400 USD now.
thats good man, will check for image of that. here they seem to have good sustain these guitars, is that the hollow body doing that by the way.
oh how is the neck? is it a fat neck like les paul. that would put me off.
ive got the tokai and its great even better then the dot and the neck is great and there not that much more then the dot, the dot has THE uggliest headstock ever
=========

Nathnialm

====
i have the cheapie version of a 335, which is a gibson es-333 and from that i can tell you the neck is pretty similar to a less paul actually, width-wise anyway.
Well I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but the sustain of the guitar is affected by the mass of the headstock, string tension and solid-ness, which means how "together" the neck and body are. So technically, a neck-through will have the most sustain, but a bolt-on neck CAN have the most sustain.

I'm pretty sure there's a "block" of wood in a semi-hollow body that can increase sustain because it keeps the body from reverberating... which I believe increases sustain. Not sure if they all do, though.
Quote by gazster
oh how is the neck? is it a fat neck like les paul. that would put me off.

actually it's even fatter than the les pauls I have played. definitely not a guitar for someone with small hands. I actually don't mind the bigger neck though, even though i'm not used to it (my main axe is a strat).

and yeah the sustain is great on it, pretty much all hollow/semi-hollow body guitars have great sustain.
Quote by Nathanialm
ive got the tokai and its great even better then the dot and the neck is great and there not that much more then the dot, the dot has THE uggliest headstock ever

first of all that is totally just opinion, second of all who cares if the guitar plays and sounds great?
ahh im not a fan of them fat neck, i had a copy les paul ages ago and i felt weird to play on compared to an ibanez that feels more friendly. think i may just go for the sg style guitar by vintage, my bud say it plays well and cheap ish.
well its a gibson and its a hollow body. you have expensie guitar style, and expensive maker. 1700 is actually kinda cheap for a real gibson 335.

anywho, epi dot, but i would look into an ibanex artcore series. they are just like a 335, and a fairly decent for the money (around 4-500).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cFCyWlD3D8

this guy does a lot of guitar reviews and generally reviews much higher end stuff. good opinions etc. he says its great for the money. seems like a thourough review. obviously, they come in different colors.