I have about $700 to spend and I'm looking for a guitar that I can get some metal sounds from (think from 3 Inches of Blood to Cattle Decapitation) that preferably has a single coil in the neck for (non-metal) cleans. Any ideas?
If there isn't one, I'd compromise and either get something with a Floyd Rose or a coil split in the neck or a HSH.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Last edited by Uranutan at Jan 7, 2010,
Schecter solo 6 Hellraiser
has coil taps to make humbuckers single coils
and has an EMG 81 tw/89 pup set

$750 USA money new with out tax

EDIT:not sure if the pup configuration is what u want
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Last edited by Seaweed2626 at Jan 7, 2010,
One of Paul Gilbert's sigs is like that, but other than that, I'd say look into some Jacksons, Ibanezes and a few ESPs.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
The only HSS hardtail I can think of is a Jackson SL1T......but that'll set you back $1700.
You could always just buy a used strat, pop in three more strings, and replace the entire pickguard with a prewired replacement.
a strat with the springs cranked down and get a new pickguard and buy a humbucker and than take it to a shop to have them install it
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by jpnyc
You could always just buy a used strat, pop in three more strings, and replace the entire pickguard with a prewired replacement.

This.
Quote by splamron
Fixed bridge

TS your best bet if you can't find anything HSS+fixed bridge is to get something with coil tap, there are alot of metal guitars with coil tapped pups.
Wow am I blind?
Sarcasm?? I don't follow :P
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I have a Schecter c-1 ES. although its 2 schecter humbuckers, and a coil split fot the neck pup. its like 1200 though, and idk if you'd like the pup config.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by splamron
Sarcasm?? I don't follow :P
No sarcasm.

I must have been tired when I suggested that.
Jackson DK2T.
Problem solved.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
He wants single coils.

Unless I'm mistaken, it is HSS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jackson Dinkys. Nice guitars, great playability, a cut above the rest.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by LPstudioWRz28
a strat with the springs cranked down and get a new pickguard and buy a humbucker and than take it to a shop to have them install it

Err, what springs?
Also, I have thought of an putting an Invader in an HSS Highway One Strat, but I don't know how that would really sound.
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by oneblackened
Unless I'm mistaken, it is HSS.

Nope, JB & Jazz.

Though it is still a good choice, the Jazz is a really nice pickup that sounds lovely on cleans.
What's the difference between all the different fixed bridge Schecter Hellraisers, other than the shape?
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by Uranutan
Err, what springs?
Also, I have thought of an putting an Invader in an HSS Highway One Strat, but I don't know how that would really sound.

The springs in the back in the trem cavity. Just tighten the trem claw and well yeah the trem won't really move unless it's forced to.