Hey guys im new to the forum and need some help on deciding my new guitar hopefully you guys have some suggestions.
Im deciding between a schecter c1 fr and an ibanez rg370ax fr.
i play most metal and right now i have an ibanez gax70 w/ upgraded seymour duncan screamin demon and dimarzio pups and it has served my style very very well. my first choice was the schecter but ive been flipflopping. the only thing about the ibanez im worried about is the edge III bridge, ive heard some bad things.
Thanks for your help

SPECS:

Schecter C1 FR http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ZlrbNO71L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Mahogany body
Bolt-on maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
24 jumbo frets
25.5" scale
Dot inlays
Duncan Designed Active HB-105 pickups
2 volume and one tone control
3-way pickup switch
Licensed Floyd Rose bridge
White binding
Black nickel hardware

Ibanez RG370AX FR http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/0/5/9/8/2/webimg/322068436_o.jpg

Solidbody double-cutaway
Light ash body
3-piece bolt-on maple neck
25.5" scale
Wizard II neck profile
1.69" nut width
24 jumbo frets
Bound rosewood fretboard
15.75" fretboard radius
Sharktooth fretboard inlays
Edge III bridge
INF3 bridge humbucker
INFS3 middle single-coil
INF4 neck humbucker
Master volume, master tone controls
5-way blade pickup selector
Die-cast tuners
Black hardware
Last edited by zunder2390 at Jan 8, 2010,
Most people are gonna say the schecter over an Edge III, but its really up to you. The neck is the main difference, from when I tried them out. If you don't have the option of trying them out, I vote the Schecter. I got one, and the only thing I regret is not saving for a higher model with active EMGs.
Well for me , i just loved fixed bridges so much more than trems.
I've just found them so much easier to maintain , none of this balancing act with the bridge , string change is easy etc.
Depends on your play style really , if my style was more like Pantera , Slayer etc i would take the Ibanez because of the trem.
But for my style which is more Lamb of God , Arch Enemy a fixed bridge suits me fine.
Both Schecter and Ibanez are well respected makes and both make solid guitars so neither will dissapoint you!

Sorry if that was really un helpful , but thats my $0.02
Ive added specs and pics of both. im a big fan of the finish on the ibanez. thanks for all the help guys
Get a Ibanez S series :P Just wait till the 24 fret ones are out though,
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The possibility of an Ibanez IC-300 Iceman and a RGA42FMBBB with a fixed bridge has come into play. Ive never had a whammy bar before, so i am a little wary especially of the Edge III. right now im still leaning toward the schecter, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought of the iceman and the other RG.

SPECS: RGA42FMBBB http://www.cantonchimney.com/rt62music/pics/ibanez/rga42fmbbbmerge.jpg

Neck Material: 3-piece Maple

Neck Type: Wizard II

Body: Mahogany body/ Flamed Maple top

Frets: Jumbo frets

Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood

Inlay: Pearl dot inlay

Bridge: Gibraltar Standard bridge

NeckPU: LoZ3-N

BridgePU: LoZ3-B

HW Color: CK

Neck
Scale/Length: 648mm/25.5 in.
a: Width at Nut 43mm
b: Width Last Fret 56mm
c: Thickness 1st Fret 19mm
d: Thickness 12th Fret 21mm
Radius: 400mm

Pickups
Bridge Pickup
Name: LoZ3-B
Model No: LZ3-B
Construction: Humbucking
Magnet: Ceramic
Description: Active pickup. High-output fat sound, yet tweaked to produce a balanced clean sound.

Neck Pickup
Name: LoZ3-N
Model No: LZ3-N
Construction: Humbucking
Magnet: Ceramic
Description: Active pickup. High-output fat sound, yet tweaked to produce a balanced clean sound.
Last edited by zunder2390 at Jan 8, 2010,