I know this must be one of the most common threads, so I excuse myself in advance.

what is the best metal guitar in your mind, here are some possible restrictions

no floyd rose type bridge

at least 2 pickups

it can have 7 strings

nice harmonics, of course

max price of about 1000$
Are you shopping for one or....
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
more or less actually, if I do buy one it'll be in a while, it's just for commun knowledge actually
A hardtail metal monster for under $1,000 would be the Schecter Hardtail Loomis sig without a doubt.

^Maybe used but not brand new I wouldn't think.

ts how many frets? what type of neck joint? what woods? and if you mean by harmonics you meant pinch harmonics then it's all in the technique.
schecter are pretty deece, but don't get one of the cheap ones. I've never personally played the loomis and it seems pretty good, but I have played the sort of 200 - 350 quid ones and they feel horrible. I know they do produce quality instruments but Jackson and ibanez can do wonderful things, and they're better in my opinion. I'm surprised at the quality of the cheap ibanez models actually, really good hamonic response. some peeps don't like the pups but they seem good to me. of course, my personal preference is PRS but, if you only want to play proper metal, go for Jackson or ibanez. I'm from GB so I don't know what $1000 is, but I'm pretty sure you could get an alrite schecter or a stunning ibanez... hope it helped
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
if you only want to play proper metal, go for Jackson or ibanez.

Yea, because ESP, Schecter, Caparison, Gibson, B.C. Rich, Dean, Parker, Music Man, or Washburn don't make proper metal guitars.

theres no such thing as a proper metal guitar Malmsteen rocked a ****in single coil strat lp's are good for pretty much anything if ya wanna walk down that road or if ya want a lets not be able to play anything but metal guitar you could waste your money on something with actives and a mahogany bod 24 frets ya know the real cliche guitar lp prophecy series are your best bet for under a grand ps. they have 24 frets actives and mahogany
Quote by Lucd
theres no such thing as a proper metal guitar Malmsteen rocked a ****in single coil strat lp's are good for pretty much anything if ya wanna walk down that road or if ya want a lets not be able to play anything but metal guitar you could waste your money on something with actives and a mahogany bod 24 frets ya know the real cliche guitar lp prophecy series are your best bet for under a grand ps. they have 24 frets actives and mahogany

I'm not sure what you're trying to say...at all. In the entire post you used one period, and that was while saying "ps."

squire hello kitty strat....lol

in seriousness, ESP make incredible guitars for metal and have awesome value if you get one of the Deluxe Ltd models. But you can play metal on pretty much anything that has high output pickups so the possibilities are endless. i was playing Death and COB on a PRS Custom 24 a few days ago
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
squire hello kitty strat....lol

DO IT.

If not, then whatever. Your guitar doesn't matter so much really. Your sound is mostly all in your amp and pedal(s). In terms of finding a "good" guitar, the best guitar you can find is the one that makes you feel like a BAMF when you pick it up. It has to feel good, it has to be comfortable to you, and you have to like the way it looks. That's all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by leftyace
Yea, because ESP, Schecter, Caparison, Gibson, B.C. Rich, Dean, Parker, Music Man, or Washburn don't make proper metal guitars.

Yeah, and a Zakk Wylde obviously doesn't play anything even close to metal since he uses primarily Gibson and Epiphone customs
I'd recommend looking for a used Jackson USA Soloist, or continuing to save until you can afford a new Jackson USA Soloist.
ltd m-1000. u definatley want to go for a ltd or esp
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by leftyace

+1

Shop around. Even though everyone will be like JACKSON IBANEZ. Many companies make very decent metal guitars. Try them all at your local.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by 999_onyx_999
no floyd rose type bridge

at least 2 pickups

WTF? Floyds are very popular in metal and a lot of metal guitars only have a bridge pickup.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by Zhuriel
WTF? Floyds are very popular in metal and a lot of metal guitars only have a bridge pickup.

Hes probably shopping around for one and thats his preference?
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless
Hes probably shopping around for one and thats his preference?

Then "best metal guitar" is kind of a bad thread title.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by leftyace
Yea, because ESP, Schecter, Caparison, Gibson, B.C. Rich, Dean, Parker, Music Man, or Washburn, Jacson, Ibanez don't make proper metal guitars.

Look into the guitar brands this guy mentioned. Do you really need 1000 $ guitar though?
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by Zhuriel
Then "best metal guitar" is kind of a bad thread title.

Misleading yes, bad not necessarily. It could be to him the best but not others.

Quote by tweeb
Look into the guitar brands this guy mentioned. Do you really need 1000 $ guitar though?

Ah cross off Caparison straight not going to get a guitar with those specs for under $1K
Quote by tweeb
Do you really need 1000 $ guitar though?

Why not?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
schecter hellraiser avenger or a jackson RR5, if you can sppend a bit more you could get a matt tuck signiture jackson RR, they are sweeeeeet. Look at the higher end LTD's as well.
You can play metal on any solid-body guitar. But you could always ask Lemmy from Motorhead.

Lemmy would kick you in the balls and say just play whatever the f**k you want to play and stop wasting my time.
Quote by AlexAngus
You can play metal on any solid-body guitar. But you could always ask Lemmy from Motorhead.

Lemmy would kick you in the balls and say just play whatever the f**k you want to play and stop wasting my time.

Why would you ask Lemmy in the first place? He plays neither metal nor guitar...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Why would you ask Lemmy in the first place? He plays neither metal nor guitar...

I ask Lemmy everything. Jesus doesn't rock as hard.

Seriously though you can play metal on any guitar. Just because a particular brand/style of guitar is cool or fashionable doesn't make it more metal. Just find a guitar you like and go for it! Must go, Lemmy is sending me a new muffin recipe....