Poll: Which amp would suit my needs better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp would suit my needs better?
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
9 60%
Bugera 6262 head with used 212 cab
6 40%
something different(please state)
0 0%
Voters: 15.
Hey guys im getting a new amp soon and ive narrowed it down to these two options

The peavey 6505+ 112 http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-Combo-Guitar-Amplifier/C0C
the amp that alot of people are raving about right now

or

The Bugera 6262 http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Bugera-6262-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head/9VJ
that alot of people recommend instead of the peavey

now im mostly going to be playing Metal, Metalcore and Hard rock but alot of the songs i like to play involve switching between distortion and clean from time to time and i hear that this is where the 6505+ falls down with its clean channel seeming lackluster. The bugera on the otherhand is said to have a much nicer cleans which is an advantage.
As for distortion my only specification is that it remains tight with good note definition under high gain settings I.E. not muddy.

now my budget is £500 and that is stretching it to the limit. the best prices ive seen are £450 for the peavey and about £380 for the bugera. now the obvious thing to point out here is that the peavey is a combo and the bugera isnt so with the £120 left out of the budget i would try and get a used 2X12 cab to go with the bugera. i figure that i can upgrade the speakers at a later date when funds allow, if needs be.

oh and last bit of info. I want this to be an allround amp that can be used for gigging and home practice (reasonable volume).

Cheers

Nath
you know you can get a 6262 2x12?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
ah see the reason i didnt select the bugera combo was i was thinking of getting a blackstar HT-5 head so i could use that and the 212cab for home practice(i figured a 120watt amp would be too loud for home use) and use the 6262 for gigs (and use the same cab). but i figured if the 6505+ could be used for practice volumes and gigs it would save me having to get a practice amp and gigging amp.

so i suppose the new question is, would the 6505+ be okay for gigging and bedroom practice?

cheers

Nath
Hands down the Bugera. Sounds better, more flexibility (head vs combo), priced better.
I wouldn't get the Bugera. They have supposedly improved their reliability, but personally I still wouldn't trust them. Peaveys are known for being extremely reliable amps, and the 6262 is just a clone of the 6505+ anyway.
I've also read they dont sound as good as the 6505+ because they use cheap transformers and so lack the balls of the Peavey. I havent tried them, but thats what I've heard.
^+1 .6505+. Get the original. I regret selling mine. wish i still had it with my other amps
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I love Bugera's. The 6262 is an amazing amp that I still would love to own. I've played the 6505+'s as well and I didn't like the sound of it at all. Maybe I just played a bad one, I don't know, but I'll give it a second chance to impress me next time I find one. I'm definitely a Bugera believer, amazing sound with a very affordable price. As long as you buy the Bugera NEW then it won't have issues. And you are able to use it a low volumes. The Peavey XXX used would be a great option for you as well. Or a Bugera 333XL, which is it's clone.

Oh and also, you will need an OD for your HT-5 if you plan on playing metalcore on it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Look I own a 6505+ and I can tell you the Bugera sounds just as good if not better than my Peavey. The cleans on the 6262 of significantly better then the 6505+ stock. It's just the fact of the matter.

Why would you honestly pay nearly twice as much for the name?